Chapter 21

"I just wish I could have loved him... the way I love you" Taehyung says out loud.

Jimin, however, only thinks it. He looks at Yoongi and then at the laptop on the coffee table beside them and remembers exactly who had been on the screen just moments earlier. Jungkook, Yoongi's boyfriend Jungkook.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Yoongi whispers, gripping the boys hand tighter. Jimin shakes his head and slowly pulls away from the boy.

"I understand if you're upset. I came into your life knowing more about your boyfriend's work environment and chose not to tell you anything. While you were in the dark suffering, I was hiding things that could have comforted you. I could have told you that Taehyung is an amazing person, that he'd never hurt Jungkook in any way.  I could have told you that Namjoon was a superb manager and would protect Jungkook. I could have told you that Seokjin hyung would care for Jungkook like he was his son and that Hoseok would never make him feel sad. But I didn't. I was selfish, I AM selfish. I was afraid of my own problems and history and you suffered for it. I'm sorry hyung, please forgive me" Jimin stands up off the couch abruptly and bows, begging the elder to forgive him. Yoongi stays silent as he stares at the top of the younger male's head. Slowly he shakes his head.

"No." Yoongi spits. Jimin straightens himself up but his posture is sad and defeated.

"I understand" He whispers, voice shaking from trying so hard not to cry.

"You lied to me. You didn't just keep information from me, you lied to me. Telling me that you heard about the drama from work when I'm sure you got it from someone in the company. You didn't cut ties, even after what happened. And then you try to keep Jungkook from going back, even though you loved it there too. Every decision you've made since we met doesn't add up. First you say you're dream is to be a director but you had left that dream behind to be Taehyung's assistant, then you try and convince my boyfriend to not go back, to not be in a position that once made you your happiest. How does that make any sense? Are you trying to make Taehyung fail? Are you angry with him for saving your life?" Jimin clenches his fists.

"Stop it" He says through clenched teeth. Hoseok's voice echoes in in his mind.

"Are you trying to sabatoge us or something? Haven't you done enough?! You can't continue to make Taehyung fail."

  Yoongi knows he struck a nerve but he was too upset to care. 

"What did Taehyung do that was so horrible you can't talk to me about it? What did he do!?"

"He was hospitalized trying to save me and ruined everything! If he had just let me die he wouldn't have had to cancel his tour. It took two years for him to recover properly and that's when he started recruiting again, that's when he hired Jungkook. Everyone was out of a job for two years... because of me. I warned him. I warned him and he didn't listen. I told him before I locked myself in the bathroom that if anything ever happened to me that he had to watch out for himself and ignore my actions but he didn't."

"Don't you dare accuse me of being the reason Taehyung failed" Jimin can hear himself yelling at Hoseok and he's overwhelmed with guilt. It is his fault. Jimin had filled the tub to the point of flooding, his desperate need to end himself drowning out the incessant knocks coming from the door.

"Jimin you're flooding the hotel room! Jimin open the door!" Taehyung's plea floods his mind and he grips his head tightly, falling onto his knees on the floor. Yoongi grabs him just in time before his head can hit the glass table.

"Jimin!" One last scream from Taehyung makes the door come tumbling down. He rushes in and the linoleum of the floor slips from under his feet, causing him to slide and crash into the porcelain tub, shattering his femur and 11 other bones in his foot. He didn't care though. All he cared about was getting his boyfriend out of the tub. In agonizing pain he lifts himself up and reaches into the murky depths of his boyfriend's early grave. With all his strength he grips down onto what feels like an arm and lifts upward, pulling the boy's face above the water and body over the side.