Chapter 34

Jimin dives after his Nikon and violently rips out the cord connected to the TV, the screen a storm of black and white dots scurrying across the glass. He stares at the silver and black device in horror as it lies dead in his hands. Looking over at Yoongi his heart shatters into small fragments, embarrassment and regret oozing from his chest as he shrinks into himself to try and disappear.

Why didn't he remember that was still on there? Why didn't he delete it when he had the chance? He's hurting Jungkook and Taehyung but worst of all, he's hurting Yoongi.

Yoongi stares at the screen as the sound of static invades his mind, only further suscepting it to the bombardment of negativity. An onslaught of questions comes to his mind as he glances at Jimin lying cold on the floor, camera in hand and horror in his eyes.

"What... what was that?" Yoongi asks, voice indicative of the calm before the storm. Jimin cautiously stands up and walks back over to the couch, knees slightly burning from grazing the carpet after attacking the damn camera.

"Hyung" Jimin's voice attempts to be soft and comforting but it's more fearful than anything.

"My boyfriend... was in bed... with another man?" Yoongi inquires, face appalled at the thought. Yoongi's hard breathing can be heard clearly in the hauntingly quiet room.

Cheating, that's the only thing running a marathon in Yoongi's head. Jungkook is cheating on him. After being together for 3 years Jungkook finally found someone he loves more than him.

"Technically... I mean... there has to be some explana-"

"And you didn't tell me?!" Yoongi shouts, slamming his hand down onto the coffee table beside him, causing Jimin to jump in fear. The realization that the person he trusts, at the moment the one he trusts the most, didn't inform him hits him like a ton of bricks. Jimin is his best friend and this seems like something a best friend would share, regardless of how painful it is. But to find out this way, to find out by accident? It pained Yoongi the most.

Jimin is shocked at this. It isn't his job to tell Yoongi everything that Jungkook does, it isn't his job to meddle in their relationship. He didn't continue filming Jungkook and Taehyung because it isn't his place to do so. He didn't want to be in this situation. What his camera caught was a mistake and Yoongi seeing it was a mistake.

"Listen, it could have been anything. Two men sleeping in the same bed doesn't automatically constitute cheating. Taehyung used to wake up in the middle of the night when him and Namjoon lived together and went into his room whenever he had a nightmare. It's a hyung comforting his dongsaeng. That could have been what happened. I'm sorry you had to see that but it isn't my place to tell you what your boyfriend does and doesn't do." Jimin stands up and throws his camera on the couch beside Yoongi, storming off and locking himself in the bathroom.

Behind the door and wrapped in solitude Jimin slides down the back of the wooden barrier and onto the ground, gathering himself in his own arms and burying his face in-between his knees. He tries desperately to hold back his tears but he just can't seem to keep the dam from bursting. Each tear is soaked by his grey jeans, turning the knees a salty black.

"Hyung" he whispers, loneliness flooding his body. He looks up at see the bathtub staring at him, porcelain edges razor sharp, curtains reaching ominously to pull him in.

Images of Taehyung running into the bathroom back home flood his mind, water sloshing over the side of the tub and soaking his thoughts. He can feel his hand constricting around his wrists and torso and snatching him away from his deathbed. The memories sear into his heart and he clutches his chest as his whimpers turn to sobs.