Chapter 29

Jungkook is fearless, most of the time. It's easy for him to admit his feelings, most of the time.

But seeing Taehyung resting on Jimin's lap causes him to feel more fear than he has in his life. Minus, of course, the time he almost died.

Walking away from the scene he heads to the back of the bus to lay down on one of the bunks.

He's afraid of losing him, of losing the bond they had before Jimin came back. What if what Yoongi said is true? What if they do get back together? 

Then you'll still have Yoongi you idiot

That's true. Jungkook has an amazing boyfriend, one he can't stand to leave and feels only joy when he's around.

But looking at Taehyung now, the deep seated jealousy that wants to rear it's ugly head appears once again. 

Jungkook knows what's wrong. He can't stand to be alone. This isn't about choosing a love, he knows he loves Yoongi. It's about choosing someone to be with, to be around, to be accompanied by. He didn't need Taehyung, he just had a preference for him. The kisses they shared mean nothing, they were mistakes. He can smile, laugh, enjoy himself the same way while he is around the others. He doesn't need Taehyung.

"Jungkook" Taehyung whispers as he sees the younger male still awake. Jungkook looks up immediately, responding instinctively to his hyung's deep siren-like voice.

He doesn't know how to act anymore. Is he supposed to be mad at Taehyung, is he supposed to be nonchalant, is he supposed to feel sad? Nothing made sense anymore.

As everyone else quietly sleeps on the tour bus Jungkook scoots over to make room for his hyung to sit on the bottom bunk with him. 

"I heard what you said earlier" Taehyung takes Jungkook's hand in his and begins stroking caressing the soft skin. Jungkook shiver's under his touch. Scared out of his mind he rips his hand from the boy's grasp.

"What of it?" He asks rudely. Taehyung is taken aback by his reaction and he shrinks back, feeling small under Jungkook's attacking gaze.

"What's gotten into you?" Taehyung asks. Jungkook looks away but Taehyung gets a grip on his chin and leads his gaze back into his own. Chocolate eyes stare at each other as street lights flash on and off through the window, the bus driving by each one fast. 

"We were fine when you left with Yoongi that night, what happened?" Jungkook grips his head with his hands, grasping his long hair between his fingers and pulling in frustration. He shakes his head, trying to push away the nightmare of the situation. He could hear his hyung, his love, shouting out for him but he was so far away. Too far away.

"Jungkook, you were never a place holder. This job that you have, it isn't to replace Jimin. It never was. I got my best friend back, you're right, but that doesn't even matter if I lost the love of my life in the process." Taehyung's hands have moved to Jungkook's shoulders, holding him gently in place as he began to shake, a result of the onslaught of sobs that whispered past his lips. 

"I don't know what to think anymore" The words hiccup past the younger's throat. He's confused, his mind and body are in a terrible war, a war of his hormones, his feelings, a war between what he thinks may just be lust and what he thinks... hopes is still love.

"Do you miss him when you're with me?" Taehyung asks. It's a simple yes or no question but in Jungkook's mind its much more complicated. There's one thing that happens when he's with Taehyung, his mind shuts down. That's what happens. How can he miss Yoongi when he can't even think, when he can't even breath.

"No" Jungkook whispers, barely loud enough for Taehyung to hear. The proximity, however, helped the words reach the brunette's ears.

"Do you miss me when you're with him?" He proceeds to ask. Jungkook brings his knees to his chest in guilt. Of course he does. When he's with Yoongi, even when he's holding him, kissing him, listening to him, he can't help but think of Taehyung. 

Yes, he attempts to say, but something else slips from his mind.

"I don't think I can live without you anymore" Taehyung is taken aback by the words. He never thought that Jungkook would say them back. 

"That's all I can think about. Those words. No one has ever said that to me before. No one has ever expressed that they couldn't live without me. In my mind, even Yoongi can do without me. He's never said that he can't live without me, even when I asked why he needs me, the way I asked you. I was never able to get those words out of him, never able to know just how it would feel if he said those words to me." Jungkook's gaze deepens as he stares at this strange new person in front of him. The person he is confessing to, not the one he's been trying to avoid for so long.

"When you said those words to me, I felt something I had never felt before. Something I never felt with Yoongi, something I've been trying to feel with Yoongi ever since. I... I can feel what I feel with Yoongi with just about anybody. Happiness, comfort, warmth, love. But I can't feel what I felt that day... unless I'm with you."

Taehyung's eyes widen. It's happening, something he was prepared never to experience. He came to get Jungkook to remain his friend, he's getting so much more than he could ever ask for. 

Jungkook grabs the boy's shoulders and pushes him down lightly on the bed. Laying next to Taehyung he simply strokes his cheek and keeps a close proximity. Even if Taehyung desperately wants to kiss him all he can really think of is the perfection of the moment. Even if just for this span of time, Jungkook is reciprocating his feelings. Not because his body is reacting to being touched, not because his body is telling him he needs to kiss back out of primal need, but because Jeon Jungkook loves Kim Taehyung, and that was all he needs at the moment to feel whole.

*A/N* I know I know, finally right? Well ya'll vkook shippers aren't safe just yet. Muahahahahahahahahahaha 

Tbh this wasn't supposed to happen so soon (if you count chapter 29 as soon) but I've been feeling vkook so hard lately. I've also been feeling Namjoon real badly, just Namjoon, no ship with him. Just my baby Joonie. 

General Question: If I wrote a fanfic that wasn't BTS would you guys read it? Example... Seventeen? Nu'est? Astro? (All relatively new, I know) Idk if I can manage two at once because I'm so busy but maybe later. I WAS going to do another BTS one but I'm feeling like changing things up.