Chapter 26

Taehyung stretches his arms and back as he begins to wake up from his slumber. He releases a loud yawn and drops his hand hard beside him.  A high picked shriek sounds beside him and Taehyung falls out of bed in surprise. 

"Yah!" The boy yells at Taehyung. He shrinks away, intimidated, as he tries to get off the ground and back onto the bed. 

"Why'd you two sleep here anyways?" Taehyung groans as Hoseok and Seokjin sit up in bed, disturbed by the physical altercation and the noise of Hoseok yelling. 

"Because we didn't want you to be alone after your talk with Jimin. Plus Namjoon and Jungkook had other places to go  and we didn't want to have to get a separate hotel room when you had a perfectly good supersized sleep mat." Seokjin justified.

"You could have slept in the tour bus. Jungkook does it all the time." Taehyung groans in frustration.

"Namjoon has the keys." Hoseok defends his boyfriend's justification. All three boys finally get out of bed after a moment of awkward silence and begin getting dressed for the day ahead of them. 

Seokjin put on a letterman jacket over the white tshirt he had slept in and tugged on a pair of washed demin jeans. Hoseok threw on a bucket hat to top off his outfit of  plaid shirt, black pants and Nike's. Meanwhile Taehyung hides in the bathroom as he changes. 

His talk with Jimin last night made him feel incredibly nostalgic. He was happy when he was with him, comfortable after the talk. He didn't understand his previous fear of seeing him and the fact that he is healthy and feeling mentally stable gave him a luxurious peace of mind that he honestly didn't think he could afford when he was with Jimin before. It made him feel much better about the work he'd be doing at KBS now that he has someone there he can trust and confide in.

With a brighter look on things Taehyung washes his face and puts on a black tshirt topped with a white blazer and leather pants. Taehyung's phone rings and he snatches it up before Hoseok can.

"I need to go get Jungkook. Yoongi had to take the car to work, guess he left early and didn't tell him. Probably wanted to let him sleep." Namjoon says into the phone.

"So you'll be late I assume? None of us  can drive the tour bus so we're going to be late too. The director won't be too happy about that." Taehyung groans as he pulls on his converse highs.

"You'll be fine, take a bus." Namjoon dismisses easily before hanging up.  Taehyung sighs in frustration, the nearest bus station being a 2 mile walk that he is too lazy take.

"Seokjin, remember when I took the tour bus for a joyride and you were forced to drive it back?" Taehyung asks after a moment of consideration.

"Of course I remember. You couldn't drive it straight and crashed it into a power line. Why?" Taehyung smirks at the memory, remembering his partner in crime sitting beside him screaming wildly as Taehyung honked at every car on the road to get out of the way. It was a time when Jimin smiled, took life by the horns and road it out fearlessly.

Taehyung picks up the spare keys to the tour bus and tosses them to Seokjin. He isn't the best driver but he got them back alive.

"We have to go, Namjoon is picking up Jungkook and I am not walking to the bus stop or being late" Taehyung skips to the door and opens it, running out in expectation that the boys will follow.

Once in the tour bus Seokjin sits nervously in the driver's seat, Taehyung and Hoseok sitting on opposite sides of the bus just behind him. He gingerly inserts the key into the ignition and turns it, hearing the mutter of the engine trying to pierce through the sound of the rap music  his boyfriend put on.