Chapter 25

"You know what would be awesome?" Yoongi says as he shoves another piece of kimbap into his mouth. Jungkook continues to stare at the boy with adoring eyes, and planted firmly against his cheek as his elbow rests on the table. 

"Hmm" Jungkook mumbles, not taking his eyes off the boy he's been waiting to be see for weeks now. He takes a sip of his drink, struggling to find the straw with his tongue.

"If Jimin and Taehyung work it out and get back together." Jungkook is thrown into a coughing fit as he spits out his kiwi soda and slams on his chest with his fist. Yoongi begins to slap the boy's back to get him to calm down and finally Jungkook takes a breath. 

"Definitely not the reaction I expected"

"They can't get back together" Jungkook says after catching his breath and relaxing himself. He didn't expect that reaction out of himself but inside he feels saddened by the thought.

"Why not?" He asks, staring at his boyfriend in dismay.

"You don't know what happened between them. I don't think they can come back from something like that. Not in a romantic way at least." Yoongi bites the inside of his cheek to stop himself from reacting harshly.

"Jimin told me everything. I think that love can conquer anything, don't you?" Yoongi remarks. Jungkook shakes his head as he pops a piece of kimbap into his mouth.

"Love is powerful but something like that just..."

"Something like what Jungkook? Suicide? Love is the only thing that can overcome suicide. If Taehyung didn't love him he wouldn't have saved him, he wouldn't have risked his career and hurt himself just to save him. That kind of love can most definitely reunite two people." Yoongi never says cheesy things like this, he's normally very quiet and only shows his affections for Jungkook with small, simple gestures. Being so open about the topic in regards to someone else's relationship throws Jungkook off immensely.

"I just wish I could have loved him... the way I love you"

"He doesn't love him" Jungkook says suddenly. Yoongi scoffs at him.

"He doesn't love Jimin, Yoongi. I know you want the best for him but Taehyung just doesn't love him anymore." Jungkook pushes. Yoongi pushing his place away from him, suddenly feeling nauseous.

"How would you even know Jungkook? He can tell you whatever he wants but you can't understand what he feels inside."

"He told me Yoongs, he told me that he wished he could have loved him the way he..." Jungkook bites his tongue, his brain telling him to stop what he was about to say.

"What?" Yoongi''s question is hard, stern, painfully aggressive.

"The way he should." Jungkook saves himself.

"Well, he's an idiot for not seeing how amazing Jimin is" The words fall out easily, a yearning and almost melancholy tone fluttering between each syllable. Jungkook notices easily and gets upset. Unlike Yoongi, Jungkook can't hide his emotions.

The younger boy stands up, pushing his chair back against the linoleum with a screech and grabbing the plates in front of him, tossing out the left over kimbap into the trash bin. He proceeds to wash the dishes violently, scrubbing the plates as if the soy sauce is burnt onto it. Yoongi grabs the cups the boy missed and throws them into the sink, the kiwi soda splashing onto Jungkook's white tshirt and staining it a deep green. 

"What the fuck Yoongi!?" Jungkook shouts, shoving his hands hard against his chest. Yoongi glares at the immaturity of the boy's actions.

"What's gotten into you?" Yoongi scoffs.