Twenty-eight

"Have fun."

"Your precious boyfriend never stop revealing our secrets in your phone. So I had to take care of him."

"I'll make sure no one will find you guys."

"Have fun."

I jolted awake abruptly, gasping in pain from my sudden movements. Every part of my body started to hurt again and I felt like my head was splitting in half. I clenched my eyes shut as the lights hit me straight in the eyes blinding me. I groaned loudly. I felt a warm and familiar grip around my palm tightened a bit as in squeezing in assurance as I moaned in pain. My body relatively relaxed when I heard a deep and caring voice of my mother.

"Claire! Oh honey, you're awake. I've been so worry about you." Mom cried gripping my hand with her one hand and strocking gently my bruised face with other hand. Tears running down her face. I'm sorry mom.

I opened my eyes gradually and let them adjusted to the light first. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I took it in my surrounding. Cold white floor and walls, metallic smell and eerie silence except from my mother's sobbing and this irritating voice of the heart monitor beside me. My body was sore and so was my heart. I was feeling a little dizzy. I guess I got my head banged up pretty hard because It was hurting like hell. I was wrapped in more bandages now. My left leg was in cast. And then there was two IVs connecting to my wrist, pumping vital blood and nutritions in my fragile veins. I'm in the hospital. I cringed practically. I hate hospitals. I hated these cold walls. Eerie environment.

Then it clicked me, how I did end up here. Granny!  She did this to me. Those menacing cold threats echoed in my ears over and over like some death threats. Making my body shiver in cold sweat. I gulped nervously.

I looked at my mom in hope. At least she's alright. She's not hurt. But she was in tears. Tears of fear. Fear of losing me. "Mom?" I said in somewhat cracked voice. My throat  was dry.

"What happened honey? You're alright? Are you hurting anywhere? If so, I'll call the doctor here. Just say it dear." She said all of it too quickly. She was worried. She was afraid. She was hurting. And the reason was, Me.

I shook my head lightly telling her I'm okay. Even when I was not. I was afraid too. "I'm sorry mom." I said quietly. Even though I didn't know why I was saying this. I just always felt like everything's my fault.

"Don't be sorry dear. It's not your fault. You were in a car accident." She reasoned. Car accident that caused by Granny. I wanted to say it out loud but I was afraid if they'll hear me. She had practically kill us.

US!!!! Us. Me and Alex. We were in the car. If I was here, alive and well so where was he? Panic set in, my eyes widened. Worse case scenario, he could be dead. I shook my head rapidly shaking away the bad thoughts. I guess it was hard to think anything positive in this situation. We're fucked. I'm fucked.

"Where's Alex? Mom. Where's Alex?" I asked frantically and worried sick for his well being. Tears clouded my eyes as I shook in utter fear. Alex would be okay.

The voice was saying he's okay that he's fine. But my mind had second thought. I knew what granny had said. She wanted to kill him at any cost.

"The boy in the car with you?" She asked, sensing my fear assessing the situation. I nodded frantically unable to say anything right now, biting my lips, stifling my cries. Fear taking over my emotions.

"Oh honey, you don't need to be afraid. He's in next room as you. He's probably be fine." She explained. But that was not enough for me.

"How's he?" I asked just above a whisper unable to say it any louder due tightness in my throat.