Sixteen

"He disappeared."

His statement immediately grabbed my full attention. "What do you mean, he disappeared?" I never expected him to say something like this.

"That's what people say. They think he ran away. He was never been found. But I know there's something else. He just wouldn't leave without telling me. He used to tell me everything. He wasn't like that. I don't believe." He sniffled a bit. He was talking his heart out. Everyone has bad memories. Bad days. Nobody wants to share something personal to someone who they just met. So why was he telling me? Did he want me to open up to him? Was he trying to tell me something? Or was It just because I remind him of his friend?

"Drew will be here in couple of minutes. I told him about you." He told me as he got up from the bed. I didn't say anything, What could I say? Drew had to know eventually.

Alex sighed."You need him now. You don't need to hide anything from him." And with that he left the room, leaving me with my troubled thought. Can Drew be my saving grace?  Would he believe me if I told him everything? Or would he think I'm insane? Can I trust him with this?

Alex's house was warm and welcoming. I felt safe here just like Drew's heart. Alex was right. I should tell Drew about everything that was going on. I would tell him. I rested my head on my knees and started rocking back and forth as l tried to compose my thoughts. My skin was still burning. But I couldn't do anything about it. I could only wait.

I heard the door creaked open, grabbing my attention, and Drew walked in. His eyes were full of worry as he rushed toward me, wrapping me in his warm arms. He held me tightly and I flinched as clothes once again rubbed against my already red scars. I started crying again as I clutched him for my dear life. Squinting my eyes close, trying to suppress the pain and enjoying Drew's company. He was my lifeline.

"Hush. Everything's okay. You're okay. I heard what happened." Drew asked as I buried my face in his shirt damping it with never-ending tears.

"It's not the case." I mumbled in his shirt. But he heard me.

He pulled from the hug and cupped my cheeks in his hands. But I kept my eyes shut as tears streaming down my face. I didn't want to see his reaction.

"Look at me, Claire. Open your eyes." And I obeyed. I opened my eyes to look into his. They were wet too. That's what I was afraiding.

"You don't need to be afraid. You hear me. I've got you. And nobody can change that." I nodded and wrapped my arms around him again but winced in pain as my wounds rubbed against him. Ouch. He noticed it.

"Let me see your hands, Claire." He asked quietly, reaching for my hands as I hesitated and snatched my hands back. He couldn't see them. What would he think?

"No no no no no no no no!!!! You can't see them. You can't know." I started to mumbling to myself, hoping, he wouldn't hear me as I started backing away from him. I was acting non sense now.

"Don't be afraid. It's me. You can trust me. I won't hurt you. I won't judge you. I promise. Let me see 'em." His voice was calm and gentle, as he once again wrapped his arms around me, hiding me from this cruel reality as he carded his fingers through my hairs. I felt safe with him. I believed him. And, I trusted him with everything.

I felt my nerves calm down a bit and shivering subsided. I brought my hand up and rest it on Drew's face. He put his hand on mine. We stayed like that for god knows how long, looking into each other's eyes. And he was looking right through my soul, trying to find the answers to his unasked questions. And I could see hurt, remorse, anger and revenge in his eyes. I didn't want this moment to end. But everything had it's end.

He put the strains of hair behind my ears as we pulled from the hug. He held my hand gently and slid the sleeve of my shirt. My hesitation came back as he stared at my wounds.

"What did you do? What caused this?" I only sniffled. He run his fingers on my arms. He gasped. I had cuts upto my elbows in both hands. My skin was now scarred. He was hurt to see them. And it pained me to see him hurt.

"I don't know, how's it happening?" I covered my wounds, feeling extremely guilty. I started shrinking in and hoping that somehow I would disappear. Sometimes I wanna disappear.

"You don't have to be afraid. Just let it all out. I would hear anything you say and won't question about it." He was coming closer as I was backing. I stopped, when I reached at corner of the bed and my back hit the headboard. Shit. Now there was no escape.

"I DON'T KNOW!!!!" I shouted out then started rambling. "I don't remember anything. I don't know, how it's all happened? It's just, I just woke up on the bathroom floor, in the middle of the night, bleeding. There's shattered pieces of mirror scattered everywhere on the floor. I had cuts all over my body." I was acting like a maniac. I was making wild gestures with both of my hands. My puffy red eyes were wide open. And Drew was staring at me the whole time with tears in his eyes.

"And-and I was scared. I was alone. I didn't know what to do? I couldn't sleep. It's hurting so bad. I can't think straight anymore. I just want to run away." And you know what, I wasn't saying these things by myself. The voice was saying it in my head. I was only repeating it. It was crying in my head. Begging to be let go. The owner of the voice was him.

"Relax. I know you're scared. You were alone. But, now I'm with you. I'll be there by your side, no matter what. You don't have to do this alone." He spoke as he wrapped his arms around me again and a determination in his voice. I was glad that he didn't judge me.

"In day to day life, everyone experiences ups and downs every now and then. Eventually, time passes on and our mood becomes better, and we become 'ourselves' again. I wouldn't let anyone hurt you anymore. You've had enough." His voice was soothing to me as I closed my eyes and let Drew run his fingers in my hairs. I was tired. I was done. I had no energy left in me. And all I wanted to do right now, was to sleep in Drew's embrace. I was concentrating on Drew's heartbeat and trying to pattern my breathing along his heartbeat. He was the only place that felt like home.

One more thing.

I'm grateful for Alex. He's done so much for me today.

"I didn't do it on my own. He made me do all of this. He's controlling me." This is the first thing I spoke of my own. And I blamed it on him. Who I didn't even know exists.

"Who's him?" Drew came out of trance which was created by me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Short chapter!  Sorry guys but right now I'm struggling with writers block. It's such pain in ass. Wattpad is keep deleting my chapters.
One more thing!
510 views and 51 votes. Thank you guys for reading my story so far. I would appreciate if you share my story to your friends as well.)