Twenty

*Trigger warning*

Little did I know that it's only a begining!
Everything is going to be worse from now on.

For the first time since I've arrived here, I slept without any nightmare. No voice. Nothing. Maybe Drew was my saving grace. On the edge of last night, we confessed everything. There was nothing to hide anymore. I was grateful for him. And he was for me. Now I wanted to start over my life with a new direction. Where there would be no pain, no voice. Where, there would be no him. Just Drew and me. I wanted to leave everything behind. And I difn't want it to come back and haunt me for the rest of my life.

Sun was peeking through the blackout curtains. I was already awake. But I didn't want to leave Drew's warm embrace. He was snoring softly. I rested my head on his chest and focused on his breathing pattern. Hearing his heart beat calmed me down. He was my cure.

I pecked his lips quickly as he opened his eyes, finally waking up. He gave me his warm smile and I melted the right away.

"Good morning." I whispered smiling down at him. In response he pecked my lips again. We stayed like that for few minutes before he spoke.

"I'll go check on Destiny. It's her appointment today." I nodded and he got off the bed and made his way to Destiny's bedroom.

I realized that I was only wearing my inner wears. My shirt and jeans were piled up on the floor. I walked over to Drew's wardrobe and pulled one of his shirt out. His shirts were way to baggy on me and that was what I want. I didn't want fibers to rub against the sore skin around my wounds. I quickly changed into it as I heard Drew screaming.

"DESTINY!!!!!!!!!" My heart sank to my stomach as I heard the pain and sorrow in Drew's voice.

I couldn't stop myself and ran toward Drew's pained scream. I didn't want to think bad. But the fear in my heart was telling me otherwise.

I stopped running as I reached Destiny's bedroom. The door was opened enough to peek inside. I put my shaking hand on the door and hesitantly pushed it open, fearing the most. It was the hardest part to do. My eyes landed on the two figures huddled in corner of the bed. Sun rays were the only light in the room. Drew's back was facing me. He was crouching and his body shook violently as heavy sobs wrecked through his body. He was holding her in his arms as she was lying in awkward angle and she wasn't.....moving? She wasn't moving! She isn't moving. Why ain't she moving?

Sobs escaped through my lips as realisation hit me like a brick wall. It cannot happen. I felt my knees go weak as I took a deep breath and dragged myself into the room, taking slow steps toward them. I could hear him mumbling nothings to his dear sister. And it broke my heart to see him falling apart. It doesn't take time for things to turn upside down. How quickly life can turn around.

"You can't leave me. You'd promised me, you won't leave me. You can't do this to me. Des. Why'd you do this?" He was repeating it over and over as he was holding her cold lifeless body close to his heart and never letting go. He was caressing her face softly. Her eyes were lifeless. Her body had turned white and cold and her lips purple and raw. His emotions were all over the place.

I stood at the end of the bed and watched Drew's whole life crumbling before him. Drew lost her. She looked so pale, every drop of blood had been drained through the long deep gashes on her wrist that was self-inflicted. Sheets and covers were stained with her blood. A bloodied knife was thrown in the corner of the bed.

I felt my legs gave up on me, I fell to the floor, knees first as I read those two words that she had written on the palm of her hand.

I quit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

That day Drew lost his only family. His precise little sister, Destiny. His house was empty now. His heart was empty now. His eyes were empty now. She was so beautiful. She didn't deserve this tragic end. She lose the battle of her life. She tried so hard. But it was not enough. She was so brave but she just couldn't take it anymore. Am I going to be ended up like her?

I didn't met her before. I'd never met her before until that night. I couldn't get to know her before. But I wanted to now. I wanted to know, what was she going through? I wanted to know, what had forced her to end her own life. I needed to know, why were the voices torturing her? I needed to know everything. I felt some connection to it. To everything, that was going on since I had been here. A strong connection.

Right now, Drew needed a shoulder to cry on. And, I and Alex were by his side. He didn't speak a word until now. At Destiny's funeral he sung her a lullaby. And it was heartbreaking moment, hearing his broken voice singing her to sleep. Alex and some other relatives of her shared some memories about her. Granny also attempted this ceremony. Actually, she was keeping an eye on me. She just didn't leave me alone for a second.

That day, she found out my car abandoned on the roadside with my cellphone in it, and got panicked. She picked me up from Drew's house when I was traumatized by some unexpected recent events. She exclaimed that she was worried about me and all these things were affecting me. That time I believed her. But now, she looked more stalker then the concerned Granny I once knew. The aura around her had changed now. I didn't feel comfortable around her anymore. Or was it my meds that I had been taking in order to keep myself sane. My anxiety had gotten worse as well as panic attacks. But now I had found a way to deal with it quietly. Granny difn't know about all this and I didn't even plan on telling her any time soon. But It was getting hard to deal with occasional shivering in my body. 

"Let's go, Dear." She urged me to come with her after burial when everyone left. But I couldn't leave Drew alone now especially when Alex was nowhere to be seen. Where's he now?

"I must stay with Drew for a while. He needs someone. I can't leave him like this." I tried to reason. In the end, she sighed and left me, for now at least.

I cautiously walked up to him and put my hands on his shoulders for comfort. Letting him know that I was here for him. He was sitting by Destiny's grave stone. He was so upset and it tore my heart to the core to see him so lost.

"You need to let her rest." I said to him. He hanged his head low in pure sorrow.

"Just give me a minute." His voice was barely audible. I obeyed him and let him gave her a final goodbye.

I knew Granny will be waiting for me outside. But I didn't wanna go right now. For now I had to find Alex. He couldn't just leave Drew in this state. How could he be so selfish? Damn you Alex.

I roamed around the cemetery carelessly just killing some time. As I realized the voice had come back again. Mom, you can't leave me alone. Why was this again? No matter wherever I go it never leaves me.

I walked fast to god knows where. I just kept walking and stopped abruptly in front of a grave stone. I wanted to walk past it. But my feet glued to the ground. My eyes fixated on the name that is curved on the stone.

Catherine mac Odell
Born 12-3-1969
Death 01-19-2008
Wife, Mother, Great woman

Why did these words mean to me so much. I didn't even know her. My breathing hitched as I started sweating again as so many voices attacked me at once. May God Bless Her soul. She was a great woman! And some cunning voices. It's a shame she has to go this way! Menacing laugh. At least she's resting in peace now. You had made her life hell. An old woman's voice. So cunning. So hatred. There were so much voices.

My body started shaking, my palms sweating, my eyes filled with tears. My throat turned dry and no word came out. It was draining me.
Then I heard a voice, the voice I knew so well. The voice of him. I love you mom. I promise, I won't let them get away this easily. I WILL TAKE AVENGE.

I couldn't take it anymore. The world swirled around me, my eyes rolled back to my head as I collapsed on the gravel. But to my surprise I collapsed in someone's waiting arms. I couldn't see their face because it was getting hard for me to keep my eyes open. I was so tired. I didn't even realise when I fell in deep slumber.

--------------------------------------------------------------

(Happy Halloween guys.)