Twenty-five

"I'm afraid too."

We decided to stay quiet about it. We will act normal like nothing has happened. Drew was hesitated first but finally he gave in. Now I had to be more careful. At this time I just wanted to talk to mom to see if she's okay.

I was back in Cobble Mansion trapt in my room staring out the window thinking things over and over, cursing under my breath ever so slightly. Everything was so complicated. How did the things turn out to be so bad in the end? But the question Is. Is this the end of all? Or will there be an alternate end to it? When had all of this started? When Cobbles walked in Miles life? Or when cobbles walked in our life?

I watched sun rising before my eyes. The air was blowing with the sound of crunching leaves. I heard birds chirping with the awake of another day. But I stayed awake. I just couldn't sleep. I didn't have the time to either. I heard some screeching sounds of tires on concrete floor. I watched through the window as someone pulled their car in the drive way of our house. I frowned. Who can it be in this early morning?

The doors opened of the car and someone walked out. Someone I knew very well. Someone I despised with passion. My eyes turned wide to see his face. Why's he here? Here comes George Cobble. Where's mom?

My question answered immediately as other side of the door opened and she got out. Lillian Moreno. Mom! I felt relieve to see her smiling. But she was looking so different. She was dressed in extremely tight gown that was barely reaching her thighs, and deep neck. And she's strutting. I frowned. She doesn't like wearing short dresses. She had changed....a lot. He changed her. By the look on her face it was looking like she doesn't know anything. It was best for her. Tears pricked in my eyes. I missed her.

I got up from the bed and sprinted toward the main gate. I wanted to hug her so bad. I needed her at this moment. I climbed down the stairs and rushed toward them, but stopped abruptly when I saw Granny greeting them. I just couldn't take another step toward them. I couldn't get myself to. My blood boiled the very second as my eyes landed on George. That smirk on his face. I wanted to smack that smile off his fucking face. He was a sick man. And how dare he was holding hands with my mom. I was seething just to see him. He will pay. I'll make sure he would! This time I didn't ignore the voice. Because I knew, what it means.

"Claire!? What are you doing there honey?' I heard mom said and I broke my death glare from Cobble. I turned my gaze to mom as she walked up to me and wrapped me in her embrace. I melted in her arms as some tears slipped down my face. I held her tightly and in hope of never letting go.

"What happened honey? Why are you so upset?" She asked as she looked at my tear streaked face and my sleepless eyes. But I couldn't tell her that. I looked up to front gate and noticed both Granny and George watching us quietly.

I shook my head. "It's nothing. I just......missed you so much." I replied. And wrapped my arms around her again burying my face in her. I just wanted to escape.

"What a great reunion of both of you. It brings tears to my eyes." George interrupted us. I want nothing more than just to kill him. I couldn't be more agree with the voice right now.

Nonetheless I smiled at him. A forced smile. "We thought to give you an unexpected visit. You didn't expect us here. Right dear?" Yeah right. I know why he'd come here. I nodded.

"I hope Granny's taking good care of you." George commented as everybody in the house sniggered. I almost rolled my eyes at him.

"She did!" In the worst way possible. I gritted my teeth while replying. Hiding the real fact.