Three

My happiness was short lived, when I heard footsteps behind me.

I turned around to see who is behind me, but found no one there. I started walking again, but this eerie silence was making me feel slightly uncomfortable, and a little scared. I swear, I heard footsteps behind me. Or was I imagining things? But this sudden change in the air was making me shudder from the inside. Without looking back, I fastened my pace and took a sharp turn as I heard the footsteps again. My eyes turned wide as I saw someone covered in all black wearing tight black clothes, concealing their face. I was certainly sure it was a guy.

Whoever he was, he was hiding his face in his hood. His one hand was stuffed in his pocket, but other was holding something. The thing was barely peeking out from his grip. All my movements came to halt as I saw him walking toward me. I widened my eyes in utter fear but he didn't stop and walked past me without any word or anything, as if I wasn't even there. I stood there still in horror but more confuse. Weird.  Why was he hiding then? What was that thing in his hand? Who was he?
I dazed out from my paralyze state, and turned on my heel and sprinted to my house. Once again I stopped dead in my track as I saw someone leaving through the front door of my house. It wasn't that all black guy. It was some boy in his late teen, average height and milky white skin. This guy was more taller and muscular than that guy. He had a bright smile sprawl across his face as he walked past me. But one thing I noticed was, that he was wearing Destiny hoodie, like that guy who I saw through the gap of shelves in Record shop. What the hell is even happening?  I watched him walking excitedly through the street. Forgetting about everything that had happened before.

Did he just visited Granny? I quickly got inside and closed the door behind me. Whole house was covered in the blanket of silence and darkness. If someone just visited here it shouldn't be this quiet. All lights were off.

I called out to one of the maid, Stella, and asked her, if someone had come here. She looked confuse for a moment, then politely declined, saying that no one had come here since morning. I narrowed my eyes at her statement. If she's telling truth or not? But I didn't pushed her further and dismissed her.

I straight walked to my room completely exhausted because damn, it was a hectic day. And I was tired my mind off.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Did you find anything interesting here?" Asked Granny as we were having breakfast. I blushed quietly but quickly hid it somehow. I didn't want to come up with topic of Drew right now.

"Not yet, just roaming around the town." I didn't tell her about Drew. I didn't know why? But I just didn't feel like telling her about him yet. Maybe I should wait a little.

I finished my meal and walked up to the front door. As I was about to pushed open the door, I heard Granny say, "Give my love to him honey." I blushed furiously. How did she know about Drew? Had it written all over my face?

"Okay." I muttered and walked off.

Me and Drew roamed around the town. Spending time with him, it was the only thing I wanted do right now. He was just too good I guess. I couldn't believe I had found a friend in no time. He showed me around the town. This place had not much but it was interesting. We were having fun so far. Now sadly, it was the time to return home. I didn't want to leave him. Not without a kiss. I quickly kissed him on the cheek and turned on my heel. I turned once again to face him at the end of the street only to find him flustered red holding his cheek gently. Our eyes met and I smiled at him which he gradually returned. I winked at him.

I made my way to my home, it felt like Deja vu, when I saw the same guy leaving through the front door of my house, again. I didn't get it. And what amazed me more that he was leaving the exact same time he left yesterday. And just like before he walked past me completely ignoring me. But this time the glint in his eyes and smile on his face seemed a little faded.

Who was he?  Granny never mentioned someone like him. What was he even doing in there? The same questions like yesterday started wondering in my mind.

My expression hardened as I pushed open the door and stepped inside, but turned into a deep frown as I took details in. All lights were off. A blanket of eriee silence had covered the whole house. Only the night lights were simmering in perfectly still house. My eyes adjusted to the darkness eventually as I turned the lights on and squinted my eyes close once again to let the eyes adjusted to the light. I looked around the living room, everything looked untouched after maid cleaned it regularly after dinner which was two or three hours ago. And frankly, I hadn't had dinner with granny since I arrived here. I was always out with Drew at dinner time.

It was strange, if someone had come here and left not a minute ago, then why it felt like no one has visited this place for years. Weird. I checked the kitchen and granny's room. Granny was asleep as always. Once again, I called the maid and interrogated her.

Her replies were same. "Mrs. Cobble is in bed. She usually asleep by 10:00 and nobody came here." In monotone.

"Bullshit. I just saw a boy leaving the house just a minute ago." I stressed. Shaking my head.

"Sorry Ms. Moreno, but nobody was in here not even a minute ago and not even an hour ago." She declined politely. Now it was frustrating me. I grimaced but dismissed her.

I made a mantel note about asking granny about this. Only one thing seemed perfect for this situation that the maid was lying, maybe she's tryna hide something. But for now I was exhausted my mind off.