Six

"I will make it up to you."

"Sure."

That was the hardest part to do, lying to Drew. I hated myself for it. The sadness on his flawless face was unbearable. I wanted to kiss it away, and that's what I did. Although I made the first move but he responded quickly, melted into kiss, deepening it. It was the most amazing thing that happened to me in days. Holy smokes, his lips were so soft, like a patel of rose. I couldn't seem to subside the butterflies in my stomach. I brought my fingers to touch my lips, reliving the moment we'd shared. I still could feel the feeling of his lips on mine. It was an amazing feeling. That was amazing. And this time, I managed to keep 'him' away from my head. Out of My thought for once at least.

Speaking of him, I realized, I couldn't waste my time in daydreaming anymore. It was the time, when 'he' leaves almost every night. I was still confuse, what does 'he' even do in Granny's home? Maybe I should have not invaded in. But I couldn't help it. Maybe, I could find something about 'him'. Maybe. My tirade of questions were interrupted, when I realized I was standing in front of my house.

I hid behind the bushes in lawn, and waited for 'him' to leave. I tried not to think negative. But I could see it's not working. The thoughts were circling in my head again, and again.

What if he never come?

What if I found something that I wasn't supposed to find?

What if Granny is right, I'm imagining all of this.

What if it's all don't matter? It's futile to try.

My head started hurting from the amount of things I was thinking. I guess, He's my favorite 'what if?" I guess, I'll never know.

My waiting came to an end, as I heard the front door creaking open. I snapped my head to the direction of the door. I saw 'him' leaving or should I say, practically stumbling his way out the door. He tripped on his step, but managed to stay stand, his whole body was shaking. What happened in there? Why does he look so paranoid? Now, I started to worry for his well being. This was a strange feeling, I had ever felt. I could feel his pain, rapid beating of his heart, blood pulsating in his fragile veins and unknown terror in his glossy eyes. I started trembling.

My eyes started to water, all visions are blur. I quickly wiped them away but my eye sight never left him. I couldn't see his face clearly from the distance I had maintained. He walked in such hurry and walked past the bushes, I had been hiding in. That's when, I saw his face clearly. My eyes widened at the sight of his face. He had a long deep gash on the side of his cheek. Blood was pouring out of the wound. But he made no attempt to wipe it away. His face was caķed with sweat, blood and tears. He looked so miserable.

I stayed paralysed for a moment, trying to take it all in. The fear in his veins was weakening me. I couldn't comprehend what to do. So I took his lead. I shot up from my hidden place and sprinted after him. The adrenaline was pulsating in my vein.

I didn't know, where I was going, I was just running after him. I pushed the steps as far as I could go. But I was no match for him. He was too fast, or it was his height. But I didn't loose his sight.

He turned to a corner and disappeared from my sight. Within seconds, I too took a turn that corner and saw him, now walking on street. He wasn't running anymore. So it was good, I guess. But his movements were still clumsy. I stopped for a second to catch my breath. Then started walking after him. I'm surprised, how come he didn't hear the sound of my footsteps. He should have known. After all, my heels were making clanking sound. It's weird. I shook the thought out of my head and returned my focus on him.

After walking for good few minutes aimlessly, he finally came to a halt. He walked toward a big green house. It was two story house, wide spread and covered with wired fence. It was a beautiful house except for the lawn. It's like it had been neglected for few weeks.

Whose house is this?

Is it his house?

He didn't try to knock or something. He jumped up the fance, without tripping, in one swift move and landed on uneven grass without making any irritating noise. His landing was just as smooth as his jump. It was like he had done it tons of time. Why's he sneaking in?

I tip-toed to the fance and peeked my head in to see next. I realized that it wasn't an unknown street. I know this street. I was on the street, where Drew lives. That meant, probably Drew knew who lives in this house. I made a mental note to ask about it to Drew.

I squinted my eyes at his next move. He started walking behind the house and stopped in front of a particular window. There was a tree in front of the window. He started climbing on it. He knew every move, he didn't even slipped once as he crawled his way to the window. He has done it before.

I watched everything in awe, as he opened the windowsill and hopped in the room. Is that all? what was I thinking? Why did I ever think of following him in the first place? My heart wasn't on the right place. What could I have possibly found? Nothing! I was an idiot for sure. I chuckled at my idiotic move.

Well, at least I got to know his whereabouts. I was not even hundred percent sure, If it was his home.

Maybe I was right.
It's futile to try.

(((((( I just use Fall out boy song reference.)))))