Twenty-seven

Miles wouldn't hurt the love of his life intentionally!

"Spill everything. What's going on in that of your head? What's the point in going to Destiny's therapist?" Alex asked aggressively and a little too tired with my unsteady behavior. Well, it's not his fault.

"Where did Drew used to take Destiny for her therapy session?" I turned toward him completely ignoring his question. Because Drew never mentioned anything about it except for neighbour town. And it was only Alex apart from Drew Who knew about her therapist. I just didn't know how to answer any of his questions. I was messed up pretty bad. I just wanted to know if she had ever tell her therapist about the voice in her head.

Alex looked confuse at my question. His eyes were furrowed as he stared at me tapping his fingers on his knees looking at me expectantly. C'mon.

"I know You're disturbed, Claire right now. But what's with the digging corpse? What do you want to know about Destiny?" He looked seriously annoyed and done with me right now. Maybe he didn't want to deal with past memories right now. I guess he's had enough.

I sighed, "Listen Alex! I just wan-" Alex didn't let me finish before he spoke.

"No. You listen Claire! We ain't going to find anything. What do you think I didn't try enough."

"No I didn't mean that I just-" My voice raised too. I guess I'm tired too. I didn't want to be accountable anymore.

"You just What!? Drew has told me to stay home until in case of emergency." He hit the steering wheel lightly. Taking out his frustration. I winced a little.

"You know it's dangerous outside. And you're trying futile efforts. You should be concerning about your mother. Not about the dead one." He said hanging his head and resting it on seat behind him. Squinted his eyes close. And I just stared at him.

"I just want to know about her mental illness. About the voice that once was in her head too." I said just above a whisper, slightly confused by his sudden outburst. I knew, it's hard to explain to him that Miles never left. He was there in my head all the time from the walking hours to end of the day, even in my dreams. But he was right though. But I wanted to know about the state of my mind. Why I was having those voices in my head? Because technically it's Impossible to know everything about someone you never know or meet. I knew Alex won't believe me if I tell him so. So I stayed quiet and stared out the window avoiding the tension building up in car. I exhaled.

"Wait! Wait! Wait! What'd you say is 'the voice in her head too.' Who else is?" Alex asked abruptly as he heard me whispering. His full attention was now on me. His eyes looking worried.

"That's me! I'm hearing them too." I explained still avoiding his gaze as his eyes turned painfully concerned for me. Maybe he knew Destiny's pain.

He sighed. "I'm sorry Claire. I was just afraid that they know now. And between all of these I forgot that it's you, who they want to hurt now."

I nodded as tears pricked in my eyes once again. I was still fearing the most. That they know. And my mom was with them right now, oblivious and innocent. But what I could do anymore.

I watched as Alex started the car silently and drove off without another word. I rolled the window down and let the fresh morning air hit my face. It was so serene. Comforting. Calm before the storm. I want to be relax again.

"When did those voices start tormenting you?" Alex asked after about fifteen minutes since his little outburst.

I took few minutes to answer. "After about a week since I got here." I replied sorely. I was regretting coming here.