Five

"Maybe I need to sleep."

It had been a week since my stupid argument with Granny. Drew was out of the town for some reason, he didn't mentioned. And I was stuck in home whole week doing nothing. I just didn't like going out without Drew by my side. Because I didn't know this town.

No one tried to bring up the issue of that boy. The boy was still a mystery to me. He fascinated me somehow. I wanted to know so bad, who was he? While my curiosity got the best of me, I figured a way to track him down. I did know, when he leaves every night. But I never get to know when does he come? And how does he enter in the house? why does he even come? That was another theory.

I stayed hidden upstairs only peeking my head out, to see what was going on in there, downstairs, after dinner every night. Granny used to read magazines for about half an hour, then go straight to her bedroom, which was located downstairs. It was her schedule actually. Stella used to do all cleaning stuffs, then retreat to her bedroom, which was also located downstairs, next to the basement. This was what happened every night. Nothing out of ordinary. But I had never seen that boy entered. But I always saw him leaving through the front door at the almost same time, through my window. How did he do that? Although there was a back door of this house, but it wasn't in use any more, and they had blocked it by a huge swimming pool back there. So there was no way possible he could enter through back door. And now I knew that Stella was innocent.

The boy was stressing me out lately. I didn't know why But I couldn't keep him out of my mind. It felt like everything revolves around him. Like he belongs here. These strange thoughts kept circling in my head all the time. And what stressing me more was that I didn't know anything about him.

Every time I tried to talk to Granny about it. But it was written all over her face that she thought I'm imaging things. She thought staying up late in the night, was messing with my mind. C'mon, I wasn't hallucinating. And last time I checked I'm not even schizophrenic. Thank you very much. That was why I'd never made a move to bring it up to her. She will think I'm crazy. Sometimes she talked ridiculous.

Now it was getting hard for me to stay in my room anymore. I felt like the walls were closing in, the ceiling was falling down, the paints were peeling from the wall, the lights were fading, the air around me getting cold and heavy, suffocating me, leaving me with nothing but unknown hopelessness. Why was I feeling like this? It was like I was feeling someone's pain and fear. My mind said it's not normal, I shouldn't let myself dwell in this but this strange feeling in my heart said I should look for it, to find the source of the pain, discomfort and fear. Maybe, at the end of the day, I could found the cure and amend the things, unknown to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Drew was in the town now. He returned earlier today and asked me to hang out with him. That's where I was going right now. There was no way in hell I was staying in here. And there was one more thing I had planned. I planned on following him tonight, to see where he goes. The mystery boy.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, What have you been thinking?" Drew asked me.

"Nothing!" I scratched the back of my head. I had been so lost these days. I just couldn't keep him out of my thoughts even when I was with Drew the whole day. He was bugging me. And it was stressing me.

"Um-I was saying, if you wanna come home to-tonight." He asked quietly, mentally slapping himself for stuttering. And a deep blush crawled it's way on his cheek, making him even more adorable. I lit up at his words. And at that time I almost forgot about him. Almost. Shit.

I squealed practically. But remembered that I had some things to do. I didn't know why I was thinking it's important. But this strange feeling in my heart urging me to do the things I had planned earlier. But hell, I didn't want to reject Drew's invitation. It was my life.

At the end of the debate, that was going on in my head, the urge in my heart to find him, won the battle. I didn't know why I'm doing this. I pained me to refuse him. But I had to. I came up with a suitable lie, I hoped, he would buy it.

I put my hand in his hand. "I would love to, but..." the grin plastered on his face faded into a frown as he realized that whatever I wa going to say next, is not good. Nonetheless he gestured me to continue, with his big innocent eyes. So I did.

"But... My Granny's having some guest tonight. And...and I have to be there, for formal greeting and all." I felt really bad for lying to him. I'm a terrible person. I should not lie to him. But what else was I supposed to say? But he seemed to buy it. How innocent he was.

"It's okay. I-I understand." He sighs. I could feel, he's hurt, but he was trying not to show any sign of hurt of rejection. As if it wasn't a big deal. But it was.

"I will make it up to you." To make the situation better, I brought his hand to my lips, lightly kissing his knuckles, bringing back the blush on his face. I looked deep in those warm brown eyes.

"Sure."