Nineteen

"Destiny! My friend, Destiny."

She finally ended the call after giving me the huge ass lecture about how 'I'm her responsibility And she should have known about my every move', followed by 'I don't want to invade in your privacy but at least, let me know.' And some suggestions, like ' You Can't trust people so easily and in such short time, they could be paedophile.' and blah, blah, blah...... I didn't even care what she said until the last part, 'Just know that you have some explaining to do. When  you got back home.'

Sometimes, I felt like she was controlling me. She seemed so manipulative. I shrugged the thought away. But I couldn't think like that. Right now, I was in Drew's house. I had overheard him saying that he won't let me go home tonight. That it's dangerous. He did, what he had said. Now what?

His house was more welcoming and warm. The air was breathable unlike my home, which was suffocating now. Little did I know I didn't want to go home either. And I was kinda thankful for Drew to bring me here. I was afraid to go back home. Because I didn't know, what I would do, if I spent another minute in there on my own. What if, I would lose control again. What if, he overpowered me, and my body, and my mind. What would he make me do next?

I was grateful for Drew, that he let me stay the night in his home and under his grace.

"Bathroom is upstairs, turn the left, second door. You go and fresh and I'll bring you some night clothes of my sister." Drew said, as we entered in his home. We were standing in the hall next to coffee table. And I ran my eyes in every direction to have a look of interior.

The first thing, that caught my attention was 'I'll got you some night clothes of my sister.' He had a sister? I didn't know that. He never mentioned his sister before, did he? I furrowed my eyebrows and look up at him. The question was written all over my face.

"You have a sister?" I asked, but my voice came out in slur. I didn't expect it to be. His eyes were saying that he knew I was going to ask that. But he had a sad glint in those warm brown eyes. They looked upset. He sighed and grabbed a hold of my wrist gently in his hand, and led me upstairs without uttering a word.

I stayed quiet the whole time until we stopped in front of a door. Whose room is this? Everything was so quiet. The sounds of our breathing was the only sound could be heard in his home. Most of the lights were off in his house. But the silver of lights could be seen under the door.

"I have to tell you something." And I looked in his now teary eyes. Everything seemed to stop for few minutes as we stared into each other's eyes, trying to find the source of the pain.

He broke our gaze and grabbed the doorknob. He took a deep breath and turned the lock open of the door. He pushed the door open but didn't take a step in, in the room. He stayed by the door, so did I.

I looked inside and my eyes landed on someone. Someone who was lying peacefully on the bed, eyes closed and some hair falling on her face.  Her face was shimmering in the little light that was being provided by the lamp on the nightstand. She looked so calm and peaceful. But there's a storm inside her. The voice said in my head. What does it mean?  I noticed carefully, and the voice was right. She was looking calm but it wasn't the case. She had dark circles under her eyes. Her almost translucent skin looked so pale. Her skin was sticking to her bones. She was looking weak. Her lips were raw and pale. She was hurting inside. But why?

"Destiny! My sister. My whole world." I heard Drew said, quietly, sadly but my eyes never left her. It's her, whose name I told to Granny.

"Why didn't you say anything about her before?" I asked, finally looking up at him. But I guess, I asked the wrong question. I shouldn't have hit the vein.