Twenty-three

That was the last thing I heard from him.

My eyes snapped open, I jolted awake as I heard the loud crashing sound of glass shattering. My heart started beating so fast. I got up from the floor, where I was..... I guess sleeping (I didn't even know). Everything was so dark around me. Lights were off. And moon was not shining at all tonight. It was so eerie quiet except for some noises on the floor. I squinted my eyes to see more clear but I couldn't see anything. I dragged my feet on the floor as I blindly walked up to the nightstand where the lamp was resting. I gulped the bile that was rising in the back of my throat out of nervousness. I searched for the switch and finally found it and turned the light on.

I saw someone standing right in front of me right by the window, covered in black from head to toe. I couldn't see the intruder's face. Suddenly, I was scared for my life. My eyes widened and I froze to the floor in fear as he was quick to move. The hooded man placed his hand on my mouth to muffle my upcoming scream. I tried to pry his hand away from my mouth as he whispered something. I relaxed a bit as I heard his voice.

"Shush! It's me. It's me, Alex! Stop panicking. It's just me." He whispered. Tried to convince me.

I stood still, My composer relaxed, fear died down. It was only Alex. There was nothing to worry about, right? I thought to myself. Wait a minute. What's he doing here, in the middle of the night? Sneaking in.

When he believed I wasn't gonna scream and get his ass beat up, he removed his hand from my mouth. He removed his hoodie and his face came into the light. He was looking nervous. But, he had that glint in his eyes that says 'I'm proud of myself'.

I stared at him with my eyebrows knitted together, tapping my foot, patiently waiting for him to explain, What the hell was he doing here? What the hell was even going on? He better had a long ass explanation for trespassing my house in the middle of the night.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "What are you waiting for? Let's go." He asked slightly confused, while trying to scurry me out. But I didn't move a muscle. What! Why?

"First, I guess I deserve an explanation that, Why are you sneaking in my room, and in the middle of the night?" I grabbed his hand, stopping him. He looked more confuse now. Why's he keep giving that look?

"What are you talkin' about? You called me on the phone, about half an hour ago. And you were crying, and sobbing. You had almost gave me a freaking heart attack, when you said 'he did it again'." He frantically said.

I didn't know what was he talking about? I sure never called him. I didn't cry. And I didn't even have Alex's contact number for fucking sake.

"Have you lost it? Alex! I never called you. I don't even know your number." I screeched. Frustrated over everything. He looked at me in disbelief. Lips parted open.

"What!? No-no-no-no, it's not the time for kidding." He said, shaking his head in denial. He still didn't believe me.

"I'm not kidding!" I said a little loud, gritting my teeth. "Are you serious? How'd you know which room is mine? Why'd you even come here in first place? Tell me everything Alex, or I'll call everyone." I demanded the truth. He shook his head and sighed in exasperation. I let go of his hand as he gestured me to sit.

"Maybe your scared right now. I don't know why are you acting like this, but... if you want an explanation... then hear me. I-I-I was with Drew, when you called me on the phone. You were hysterically crying and saying, 'He did it again', and that 'he turned even more monster than he was before'. I thought he came back into this town, and he's hurting you. So, I and Drew came to pick you up, to get you out of this hellhole. We decided, we won't let you stay here anymore with those monsters." It was my turn to stare at him in disbelief as he finished telling me, everything that happened in past thirty minutes.