Seven

Maybe I was right.

It's futile to try.

It's too late now. Maybe past 12:00. Granny will be worried sick for me. I don't want her to be. But I'm her responsibility after all.

I had stayed behind the fances, staring at the blackout window, for few minutes. Asking myself just one question again, and again. The question that holds my sanity. 'What was I thinking?' Now I question my sanity.

I was wrapped up in this matter so badly, that I couldn't think, what was I doing? If this is right? The boy has fascinated me. I have just kind of drawn toward 'him'. Completely forgetting about everything, and anything. I feel like I'm a puppet to 'his' string.

I was never been like this. I even rejected Drew's invitation, for nothing. I did hurt him. It's my fault. How could I be such a fool?

I dragged myself back to my home. Head hung loosely in pure exhaustion and shame and poor attempt of being a spy. Aaahhh... who am I kidding? I pushed the door open and the lights blinded me, a shot of pain run through my head, made me grit my teeth. I squinted my eyes close and let the eyes adjusted to the light. It's irritating now. I just want to go to bed. But it ain't gonna happen. At least, not now.

I came up face to face with very angry Granny. God save me. I don't wanna deal with her right now. But to my surprise, her expressions changed to worry as she saw me walked in. It's my fault, I made her stay awake this late. And top of that, I made her worry about me. Now I feel much worse.

"Where have you been all the time? It's so late, hon?" She asked desperately as she shot up from couch and rushed toward me. "What happened to you, dear? Why are you panting? You look like a mess." Her voice laced with concern. She gave me a hug and wiped the sweat off my face. Thanks Granny.

So many questions were thrown at me all at once. But I found myself unable to answer any of her questions. What's happening to me? I wasn't like this, when I walked in!??

A strange feeling of discomfort washed over me. Her voice started echoing in my ears. This feels like Deja vu. It has happened before. But when?  I don't remember. My stomach crunched, I crouched down and a wave of nuseousness washed over me. I guess, Granny took the hint and scurried me into dining hall.

She sat me on one of the chair of dining table. "What happened honey!? Why are you holding your head?" I didn't remember, when did I put my head in my hands? I can't see clear anymore. Everything is blur. World around me started to spin ridiculously.

I tried to block out everything and tried to focus. It's not helping. Granny's interrupting me.

"Here's the water, drink it."

"You're scaring me."

"Just take some deep breath,  honey."

"Stella!!! call the 911."

She kept screaming commands to Stella, while rubbing small on my back, in a pathetic attempt to calm me down. She wasn't helping the situation, she's only making it worse. For me or for him.

Suddenly, everything became quiet. The nauseousness is gone, ringing in my ears died down, My visions became clear and the exhaustion is gone. I felt normal. Adrenaline rushed over me.

I put my hands away from my head and lifted my head gradually.

I was in the dining hall, sitting in one of the chair across the dining table. To my surprise, foods are scattered on the table, wine is spilled everywhere, dripping on the floor, soaking and staining the Clean white rug. Everything was complete mess. Who did it? What had happened here? I stared everything with wide eyes. I shot up from the chair and took a step back. I was taken aback.

Everything is ruined. The same fear emerged in my heart, when I saw 'him' stumbling out of the house bloody and bruised. What are you doing to me?

I looked around me on the floor, taking it all in. I squinted my eyes.  Plates and cups are shattered on the floor in million pieces. One of the chair on the corner of the table, was toppled over in the corner of the room. I was shaking like leaf by now.

I carefully walked over to that chair, trembling. Shattered pieces were there too. I felt a sharp pain on the side of my cheek, like something pierced through my skin. I groaned in pain. I brought my hands to touch my face. My eyes landed on the one broken piece on the floor, that was covered in blood. My eyes widened as I released my hand from my face to see it now covered in crimson red. What is going on?  How did it happened? Who did this?

"You must not lie to me." Someone growled.

I snapped my head to the voice behind me, to see who this high pitched voice belongs to. I frantically looked around the room to find the owner of that voice. But find no one. I know that voice. I just don't remember right now. That voice sounded like some old man in his late fifty. I had heard that voice before. But I just couldn't place my finger on right place at this moment. This voice laced with anger and hatred that held grudge. I'm clearly afraid now. Whole situation feels surreal.

I felt someone shake my shoulders. I can feel warmth of hug and hands on my shoulder. Everything started to blur again. I felt my knees gave up on me as I fell to the floor. I was about to knock out as I saw a silhouette of somebody with broad shoulders looming over me.

Then everything turned black, leaving me in dark abyss.