Twenty-one

I love you mom. I promise, I won't let them get away this easily. I WILL TAKE AVENGE.

I remembered falling in someone's arms instead of colliding with cold hard ground. Now, I could feel soft and warm bed underneath me. It was so fluffy and relaxing for me after my another breakdown in cemetery. What had even happened there? What was that about? Why had the voice dragged me to someone's grave, who I didn't even know? Who was Catherine Odell?

Whether or not I knew, I have some connection with it. It wasn't like, the voice in my head Is doing everything randomly. Of course, it has purpose behind everything. I had been neglecting it, since it started haunting me in the first place. I didn't even try to think twice, because I was worried that I might go insane. That it's not normal. And, just because Granny thinks, I'm not taking enough sleep lately.

I knew, He was trying to tell me something. When I was standing right in front of that tombstone. I was feeling like I'm relieving the past. Or 'His Past'. Of that woman Catherine mac odell 's funeral, I was hearing faint voice of pester speaking in the background. I was hearing the relatives saying their final goodbye to her. I was hearing as some menacing cold voices bickering in the background. Something cruel. I could sense nervousness. I was hearing as he's crying, sniffling and promising that woman, who in fact is his mother, that he would take revenge of her. An unbreakable vow.

I needed to find some answers. But I couldn't see, how to find them? Where to start? And who will help me? The constant nagging of the boy will stop that is in my head, when I'll have all answers. The answers His life depends on! ! !

My mind stopped racing at thousand miles per hour as I heard some shuffling and clanking  sounds somewhere near me.

"I know, You're awake!" I heard Alex say. Wait! What? Alex? Where did he come from?

I snapped my eyes open and come face to face with straight face smirking Alex. I startled to see him right in front of me and backed away quickly only to bump into something behind me, blocking my way. I turned around to find, what I had collided with. It was a headboard. I spinned my head in every direction to take my surrounding. I furrowed my eyes as I realized I'm sitting on a bed in.... Alex's bedroom? How did I even ended up in here? In Alex's bedroom? 

"I know, what you're thinking right now. I'll explain you everything when you calm down. Just don't freak out." Alex said in urgent as if composing himself. I was not freaking out. Right? Yeah! I was just a little shock to find myself in someone else's bedroom instead of mine. And I didn't know for how long.

I looked for him to explain everything from the starters, when maybe I passed out. He got the hint and started speaking.

"Here, drink some water. You need it. Maybe, you had passed out from dehydration." He was trying to put two and two together, but he was not getting anywhere with it. Because I knew, what was the real reason behind it. And I'm clearly sure, he wouldn't believe me, if I tell him so. Although, I gladly took the glass of water from his hand and drank it until the last drop. He was right. I needed water. Now I was feeling a bit better.

"So you are the one, who caught me before hitting the ground." I put my point. He nodded. Well, I was thankful for him for not letting me get hurt anymore. I couldn't deal with anymore injuries on my body. I was already scarred up. And I was so glad that Granny didn't see them. Shit I almost forgot about her. She was waiting for me in the car. If I was here. Then, where would she be? She didn't know about my disappearance, did she?

"Bu-but w-what's about Granny? Sh-she didn't know." I asked frantically stumbling on my words. I didn't know, what would she do? How would she react? I've been so careless lately and it's making her grumpy now. Her words were more harsh lately. Like she's done of my bullshits. Like she had enough of dealing with me. I had been noticing the softness and care in her voice and behavior had changed now, into command and roughness. And going on her bad side would be the last thing I would do. She seems scary now. Now, I always seemed to fidget around her.