Eleven

We were destined to meet this way.

I'm starting to get nervous as we waited for Drew's friend. It's been only five minutes, and I'm already a sweaty mess. The images of him running from my house covered in blood and tears, his fear stricken face and clumsy steps are swirling in my mind over and over, and is making me scream out in frustration. It's making me insane. I need your help. That voice again. It doesn't leave me alone. The pain in that voice is immense. Why that voice is always in pain? Why do I keep thinking like that?

I turned my head to the window. The window, he had used for his getaway. My eyes fixated on the window pane, yellow curtains. My eyes landed on him, sitting by the window, curling in on himself, lips trembling, body shaking in fear. The air turned cold, making me shudder from the inside out. Then, I heard a sound, sound of guitar strumming. I broke my gaze from the boy and turned my head toward the sound. Drew! He had a beautiful white acoustic guitar in his hands and he was sitting on the bean bag.

"How was that?" He asked gently as he looked up from the guitar. I smiled in response.

I looked back to the window where I had spotted him before. But he wasn't there. That spot is empty now. I let my eyes run around with no such luck. The room is complete mess, clothes are scattered everywhere, books are carelessly thrown on the table and crumbled pieces of papers are thrown everywhere. By the way Drew's making face, it's look like he didn't expect this either.

"Sorry about the mess, I didn't expect him to leave his room so dirty. He usually keeps his room neat and clean." Drew stated, trying to defend his friend.

"It's okay." I softly replied. At this time 'mess' is a least of my concern.

"Wanna listen something? " he asked as he started strumming chords.

Then, we heard sound of footsteps. And Drew immediately stopped playing. We turned our heads toward the door and waited patiently as footsteps came closer followed by click of the door opening. My heartbeat started to rise. It was ready to blow anytime. I held my breath. This is how we'll meet. How will I react to find him in front of me, who has a great effect on me and he doesn't even know that. Ironic.

Door opened and a boy entered in black jeans and black hoddie and got startled as he saw Drew and me in his room. But, I was more startled than him, my eyes were more wider than his. He wasn't the boy I thought he is. He's somebody else. I released the breath I was holding. My shoulders slumped.

He's shorter than him. He's more pale than him. He's just.... not him. You got to be kidding. Who the hell is this guy? He's wearing eye make-up and he has fringes almost covering his eyes. And he has ear piercing.

"What the hell are you doing in my room? You've almost gave me freaking heart attack." He scearmed at Drew's face. But Drew didn't care, he was only laughing. "It's not funny Drew!" Drew's friend made annoyed face and groaned at his stupid prank.

I did nothing but stand there watching them. And thinking how stupid I am. He's not him.

"What crawl up your ass, Alex?" Drew asked between the fits of laughter as he once again sat on the bean bag. His name is Alex. You gotta help me Alex. That voice echoed in my ears. Alex?

Alex dropped his backpack on the bed. "Oh really? You crawl up my-" He cut himself in mid sentence as his eyes landed on me, for the first time since he entered in the room. He gave me a bewildered look. And I feel embarrassed.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce you to her. She's Claire, Co-" Alex interrupted Drew and finished what he started.

"Cobble's daughter. I know. I know her very well." He said while looking up at me with a raised eyebrows as if he's judging me. He's creeping me out. He had a smirk on his face. Okay, he's a little weird.

Drew sensed my uneasiness and in no time, he stood by my side, holding my hand in his warm one. "Yeah, she is. I guess, You know her already." Drew said and turned to me. "Claire, Meet my friend, Alex."
I forced a smile.

"What are you doing here?" Alex asked as he furrowed his eyebrows.
"You remember, we've had a audition few months ago and you were over excited for that." Drew started telling him. But my mind was occupied with something else. So many things were clouding in front of me all at once.

I stared at the window. The window he used that night to entered in this very room. If this is Alex's house. Then why had he led me here? I thought that, I finally found him. But he's always a step ahead of me. Does Alex know him? Does he Alex's brother? Alex please!!!! I closed my eyes as I started to hear the voice beg. Why is the voice repeating Alex's name?

I startled as someone shook my shoulders to bring me back to reality. And that someone was Drew.

"What's happened Claire?" Drew asked worried. And Alex was watching me as if he was feeling sorry for me.

I tried to avoid it. I don't want to create a drama. So I tried to distract them. "Nothing happened. It is just, um, nothing. Um..uh why don't you guys play me something like you were going to do before?" And both of them seemed to convince. I sighed in relief.

Drew picked up the guitar and started strumming while Alex started singing 'Suger, we're going down' by Fall out boy. It's the great choice. And Alex's a good singer. I appreciate that. They can form a band together.

By the time, they finished, my mouth was hung open. They were so good.

"There's no doubt, that you guys got selected. That was so amazing and you guys are great. I can hear you guys playing all night." I rambled and I guess I'm fangirling over them. Both of them were smiling.

They smiled and fist pumped in the air. "You wanna play some?" Drew asked me out of blue.

"I-I don't know, how to play guitar." Aahhh, it's quite embarrassing. I turned pink in nervousness.

"I can teach you." Drew offered.

"Yeah. He's very good at teaching. Especially, when the student is a hot girl." Alex spoke as his words were dripping with sarcasm. And Drew was giving him a look that says 'You're dead'.

"Fuck you." Drew picked a crumbled paper off the ground and threw it at Alex. We all burst out laughing. I wish I could enjoy this moment. I stopped laughing at that.

"Come here, I'll show you." And I obey. I walked up to him as he sat on the floor. He gave me guitar as he slid his hands around my shoulder and grabbed the neck of guitar. His chest was pressing up against my back and I could feel him breathing against my neck. I could feel as our hearts beat in same rhythm. This was so romantic. I wished, he would teach me when we're alone together.

I tried to compose myself as he started telling me, what to do first. I tried to concentrate on what he's saying. But, I couldn't keep my mind on track. The voice in my head started to get louder. As I touched the first wire, I winched as I felt a sharp pain on my fingers. Blood started pouring out of the wound. I guess I hit the wire hard more than necessary. And now the voices were gone

Drew was quick to action as he put pressure on my wound. "Alex, where's the kit?" Drew asked frantically.

Alex started looking for the kit in his room. At that time I didn't feel anything. No pain. No sensation. No fear. The blood was only reminding me of the reflection of his bruised and bloody face in the mirror.

Bleeding just didn't stop. And it was freaking Drew out. "Alex quick! How come you don't remember where you're keeping things in your own room?" Drew shouted at Alex. It felt like Deja vu. I had heard it before whatever Drew had said.

Under the bed stupid!

Without thinking twice I repeat what the voice said in my head.

Under the bed stupid!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

((((250+ views and 25 votes!
Thank you so much guys!!
This means so much to me!!!
I would love if you share this story with your friends!!!!))))