Two

He wasn't there.

I stayed there, staring at now empty space where that boy had been before. I shoved the thought out of my mind, mentally slapping myself and quickly followed the boy who I had bumped into, just a minute ago. I exited the record shop and looked around for him. He was walking the opposite way I had come from. I had never gotten to see his face before, because everything had happened in a rush. And I want to know, where he's found those records, I've been searching for so long.

I trailed after him, slowly catching up to him. His back has turned to me. So I still couldn't see his face. I approached him.

"Wouldn't you mind telling me, where you found those records?" I asked him wearily from almost three feet distance behind him. He was walking, but stopped abruptly at the sound of my voice. He turned around to see who the voice belonged to. And my breath caught in my throat as I saw his gorgeous face shining in sun light. His eyes were squinted and a small frown plastered on his stunning face. He had sandy blonde hair that touched his shoulders, slightly curled at the tips, perfect toned figure, perfect pink lips with soft cheekbones, and he was wearing a Panic! shirt for goodness. He's pure perfection. I admit, he has a good taste in music.

Shut up!

"Who? Me?" He asked, slightly confused, looking to either sides of him to make sure. I nodded in reply, and took another step toward him.

He smiled. "Behind the door  in the record shop." He replied and emphasized on the word 'door' and waited for my reaction at his quizzical answer. I furrowed my eyebrows at him, because whatever he had said, had gone straight through my head. Behind the door?

"These records have been banished here for a long time. That's why, they keep them hidden and sell them illegally." He replied in a calm voice as he approched me. I didn't know that rock music could be banned. Weird!

"Are you new here? Didn't see you around here before." He asked in a relaxed tone. I found myself in a daze as my eyes never left his face.

"Yeah. I'm stopping by the Cobble's" I replied quickly, feeling awkward after that. 

"I'm Drew, by the way." He introduced himself.

"Claire Moreno" I replied with a small smile, looking into his eyes.

"Let's get you some records." He whispered a little loud and gestured toward the shop.

----------------------------------------------------------

We spent hours talking and knowing about each other. It was really nice to meet him, by the way. Drew is a nice guy. And I definitely have a little crush on him scratch that huge crush on him. I'm dead.

I felt my heart skip a bit, when he smiled, because damn he had a million dollar smile. We were at CCD across the street from where Drew works. He told me, He's saving money for his music classes. He can play so many instruments. He's planning for college. He wants to make his career in music. I admit he's a very determined boy. I like that.

"So, you're Cobble's daughter." He asked holding a cup of coffee in his hand, his eyes slightly narrowed. He seems to more intrigued at the mention of 'Cobble'. What is it to him? What's the deal?

"Step-Daughter." I corrected him and finishing off my coffee.

"Oh, how long have you been staying here?" He has an expectant glint in his eyes as well as a calculating one. Is he examining me?

"Few weeks." I shrugged. And a quizzical look spread across his face, but he quickly hid it with a small smile.

"Good! So what got you here? Very few People know about this town."

"My parents! They don't want me to stay home alone while they're out. Actually, it was George's idea, my mom doesn't even give two flying fucks." I shrugged.

It's true. When Dad was alive, we were a Happy family. With dad gone, mom started drowning hereself in guilt, she blamed herself for his death and to ease the pain, she started drinking. It was actually nobody's fault except for the drunken truck driver who crashed into my father's car that tragic night. My parents had had a fight that night and my father had driven off in anger, only to be run over by a truck. The pain of losing someone who's close to you, is immense. And my mom couldn't cope with it.

I'm happy now that George is in her life. Now, she's happy again and that's make me happy as well. I'm happy that she found a reason to live again, to laugh again, to love again.  And it's an overwhelming feeling. I want nothing but to see my mom this way she is now.

I didn't realise that I was crying softly until Drew pulled me out of my little daze.

"Hey Claire, what happened? Why are you crying?" He asked softly and slid his hands in mine. He was genuinely concerned.

I sniffled a little before replying "it...it's nothing, just old memories."

"Would you like to share it with me?" He asked.

"Yes." A small but genuine smile spread across his face.

----------------------------------------------------------

Drew walked by my side until we reached intersection point. It has gotten pretty dark by then. We didn't realize it until then. We were so lost in ourselves. I don't want to go back home tonight.  We said our goodbye and I turned onto my street. We didn't live very far apart. He only lived four blocks down from mine. Considering that it wasn't that big of a town.

Everybody knows each other here, which is why Drew had known where to drop me. Well, spending time here won't be bad if I got to know more about Drew. Maybe more than that. I smiled at the thought.

I stuffed my hands into my jeans pockets and started heading home.
My happiness was short lived when I heard footsteps behind me.

( In case you're wondering which town it is- It's fictional I made it like this for the sake of the story.
Love ya.)