Ten

"I am the part of your life, now."

Last day was a blur. I've been so lost in my thoughts and whatever the hell is going on these days with me, is preventing me to enjoy Drew's company. But I can't seem to understand, why?

Well, talking of Drew. Today, he's looking more sexy than ever. He's wearing a black coat over his plain light pink shirt, that is the same colour of his cheek. A little quiff on his almost brown hair. And those thick framed black glasses on his face has made him look so innocent. And don't get me start on his plump pink lips. They're almost making me wet.

I feel complete, when I'm with him. I watched him as he got back to our table with two cup of coffee in his hands and sit across from me. He's just too perfect. I smile as I keep staring at him. But he doesn't seem to mind it at all.

"Why are you smiling so much?" He asked in his beautiful voice. Is it legal for someone to be this attractive?

"Hey, back to earth." I smiled at him once more. And tried to keep my dirty thoughts at bay.

"Why are you dressed in formal? Is there anything special?" I asked as I gestured to his outfit.

"Oh theseeee-" he dragged the word 'e' as he started speaking. "-I told you that I wanted to make my career in music." I nodded. "Well, I got this apportunity. And-and me and my friend are into this together." He was so excited. The smile on his face perfectly reaches his eyes. After all, he's one step closer to his dreams.

"Really!" I screamed practically and put my hands on mouth in surprise. A wave of happiness washed over us. "You did it, Drew. I'm so happy for you." I squealed

"So, when are you starting?" I asked, once we calm down.

"Next month, after trail." I know what he means. His smile seems to faded a bit. He has to go to university for this, leaving everything including me behind to persue his dreams. And I don't want him to stay away from me. But I don't want to be a barrier in his path.

"You're ready for this?" I look him in the eyes. He hesitated first, but nodded nonetheless. I smiled again and this time, he joined me. A small smile appeared on his face, making him even more adorable. I didn't realise, when I started leaning in as my eyes never left his soft lips. He leaned in too and closed the gap between us. Our lips moved in perfect sync and million butterflies started swirling in my stomach. This feels better from the first time. He's irresistible. He is the drug, I can't stop taking. And I want more, I can't stop craving. (Oops, Bullets for my Valentine reference.)

Our little moment was interrupted by a coughing noise beside us. We pulled apart abruptly. "Your order, si-...I-I-I th-think, I should come back later." We shifted awkwardly in our chairs, trying to compose ourselves but in reality, we both were flustered red. The waiter started walking away awkwardly as Drew stopped him and took our meal.

We ate in silence. After we're done, Drew penetrated this silence by his voice. "Now, I have to tell my friend about our selection."

"So what are we waiting for? Let's go." I urged him.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Currently, we're driving to his friend's house. And frankly his friend's house is on the same block as his. I never get to know his friend's name. We drove in peaceful silence as I gazed out of the window as houses come and gone. Cool breeze grazing my face as it's blowing in every direction. While Drew is driving with a small smile that never leaves his face. He has delightful glint in his eyes and his posture relaxed. Everything looks so calm and peaceful. I used to think the same. But it's not always rainbow and sunshine. I sit up abruptly as that voice spoke in my head. I don't want to ruin this delightful moment. So I did my best to avoid that voice, that is constantly ringing in my ears.

Our journey came to a halt, as Drew hit the brake. We got out of the car and my breathing hitched, as I saw his friend's house. My eyes turned to size of the moon. No way!  It was the same green, two story and wide spread house with lawn work neglected. It was the house, where he  had led me to that tragic night. I had told you. It's not always rainbow and sunshine. The voice came back, teasing me this time. It can't happen?

This town is really so small. What do I expect now? That he is Drew's friend. And he would be coming out any time. I had never expected anything like this.

I was pulled out of my daze by Drew. "Claire?" "Huh?"

"What are you thinking?"

"Huh... Nothing. It's nothing." I stuttered out, trying to avoid his innocent eyes.

At least, I will get to know his name this time. As Drew was about to knock, the door opened itself and a middle aged woman came out smiling.

"I saw you as you pulled up your car." She said.

Drew and her seems to know each other as she gave him a hug, while I stood there awkwardly shifting my weight from one leg to another. Once they are done, she proceeds to hug me.

"This is Claire, Cobble's daughter." Drew introduced me to her. And I waved my hand slightly.

"You're very pretty, dear." She cupped my cheeks. "You've found a perfect match, Drew." Both of us blushed furiously and she starting laughing. She's a sweet woman.

"No it's not like that, a-at-at least not now." Drew quickly reasoned.

"Shut up, it's written over your face that you like her." At that time, Drew was wishing that earth would swallow him. She just couldn't stop.

"How rude of me,  I didn't even ask you to come in. C'mon in." She stepped aside to let us slip in. She speaks so much. And she's so welcoming.

"Mrs. Black, where's Alex?" Drew asked.

"Ohh, he would be coming back in few minutes. Why don't you wait for him in his room?" She suggested.

"Sure thing. But don't tell him, we're here, when he get back." Drew gives a wink. "I have to surprise him." He whispers smiling.

"Get it" She gives him a thumb up.

After that, we make our way to his room, which I guess is the room upstairs, beside that tree.

All the time, one thing was swirling in my mind.

'He' is Drew's friend.

We were destined to meet this way.

( Cliffhanger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who do you think Drew's friend is?
Is his friend the 'Mystery boy'?)