Chapter 35

I believe that's what an ultrasound would look like when you're first pregnant. My ultrasound looked nothing like that btw.

Four weeks later

Luke whimpered as he leaned over the toilet. It's 6am and he doesn't need to get up for school for another hour. But this is starting to become a regular thing. For the past two weeks he throws up in the morning when he hasn't even eaten anything that day. And he can only eat soft, soft foods. And quite frankly, he's sick of noodles.

Liz had made him a doctors appointment later that day and he can't wait to go. Calum has literally been babying him for the past couple week. He hates being babied but Calum says it's necessary.

He heaved himself off the floor and flushed the toilet, grimacing at the smell of vomit that wafted through the air. He brushed his teeth to get rid of the horrible taste in his mouth. Once he was finished he walked out of his room to the living room since he wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.

On his way to the living room he heard shuffling in the kitchen, being curious, he made his way over to it.

"Morning." He said to Liz. She had been making her morning coffee.

"Morning sweetheart." She replied happily. Her happy tone was very normal, Liz was always happy in the morning. But over the last two weeks, her mood has been through the roof. A smile never left her face and it was all because of Aiden.

Luke, of course, still wasn't very fond of the man, but his mother seemed to take a strong liking towards him. Aiden and Jace get along perfectly and it makes Luke sick to his stomach.

"You know your doctors appointment is today, right?" Liz asked, which Luke nodded in reply. "It's at four. I won't be able to make it, Aiden is taking me out today. I'm pretty sure Calum can go with you."

"You're going out with Aiden again?" Luke scoffed, grabbing a Starbucks drink out of the fridge.

"Yes," Liz sighed, truly sick of having this conversation. "I'm going out with Aiden tonight. He is my boyfriend and I believe that's what couples do."

"I know that's what couples do, I have a boyfriend." Luke sassed. "I just don't think you should go out with Aiden."

Liz groaned in frustration. "Why Luke, why are you so against Aiden? I was so supportive of you dating Calum, why can't you be supportive of Aiden and I? Jace is fine with it, why aren't you?!"

"Because." Luke shrugged.

"Because isn't an answer, Luke. Tell me, please. I just want to know why you hate him so much." Liz practically begged. This was information she seriously needed to know, of course she knew it can be a little hard for kids to get used to the idea of having a step parent. It's just that Luke doesn't have a reason to hate Aiden from how he's acting, then again kids don't really need a reason.

The teenager sighed in defeat, knowing he'd better talk now. Honestly, he knew he was being a little harsh. And he does actually have a reason why he's so angry with the fact that his mom is dating again. Although, he doesn't have a reason to hate Aiden.

Aiden is literally perfect. He takes Liz out everyday and each time he brings her some sort of gift. Last time he brought her chocolate and another time he brought flowers. He really spoils her. Aiden is the definition of perfection, and that's what scares Luke the most. He can't find one thing to hate about Aiden, and that's what tells him is that Aiden is going to be a part of Liz's life for a long time.