Chapter 7

Luke and Isabela walked into their first block class, Algebra. The two of them took their seats by the window in the back of the classroom by the window. Class didn't start for another five minutes, but they decided to go early since the classroom was all the way on the other side of the school from their lockers. Kids started filing into the classroom, some of the popular kids crowded around Luke and Isabela.

"So the party is tonight at your place right?" The second most popular boy in school, Dylan asked. Luke and Dylan are 'friends', in a way. Luke tolerates Dylan just to be nice and keep the balance of the school in tact.

"Yea, it starts at 9:30." Luke answers.

Berkly High is almost exactly like every highschool you'd see on tv. The popularity chart keeps the school in balance, and social cliques litter it. Jocks, preps, nerds, outcasts, and straight up weirdos. Luke, Cara, and Jace all fall in the jock category, while Isabela falls in the prep clique. Jocks and preps are at the top of the food chain, to talk to a jock you must be either a jock or a prep. If you're a nerd, outcast, or weirdo you will be laughed at, beat up, and shunned for breathing the same air as them. Not every jock or prep thinks like this, but Dylan does.

Dylan is single handidly the meanest boy in school. Every school has that mean popular person right? Well that person is Dylan O' Brien. Luckily, Berkly was blessed with Luke to even things out. Dylan always wonders why Luke is more popular than him, they are basically the same person. Besides a few things. Dylan brings out the worst in Luke, but when Dylan is no where to be found Luke is the nicest person in the world.

Luke doesn't trust Dylan, and never will. Luke knows Dylan's intentions, he only hangs out with for popularity. Dylan is one of the main reasons Luke's secret can't get out. Dylan would take it and turn the entire school against him,

About two minutes before class started, Avery, one of the openly gay kids in school took his in front of Luke. He heard Dylan mention the party and peeked behind him to hear what they were saying. Obviously, he wasn't being as sneaky as he thought.

"What the fuck are ya looking at?" Dylan questioned him, catching the attention of the whole class.

"I-I-" Avery started.

"Spit it out you little fucker!" Dylan cut him off.

"I-I heard you guys talking about the party tonight." He nervously replied.

"1. Don't listen in on my conversations. 2. You shouldn't even be worried about the party, FAGS AREN'T INVITED!" The angry brunette yelled. Everyone except Luke and Isabela laughed hysterically at Avery.

"Mr. O' Brien, that's enough!" Mrs. Levy, said walking into the classroom just as the bell rung. All the kids rushed back to their desks, Dylan's desk being on the other side of the room. "Get started on the do now."

While everyone was working, Isabela reached over her desk and tapped Avery. The boy timidly turned around showing his face that was stained with tears, making both Isabela and Luke feel even worse for what happened.

"Don't listen to what Dylan said. You're not a fag and you're definitely invited to the party." Isabela said sweetly.

"Thanks, but I have no idea where your house is, Luke." Avery laughed slightly.

"Here's an invitation, we better see you tonight." Isabela threatened playfully.

"Sure."

*  *  *

6:54pm.

The four teens were running around the large house like chickens with their heads cut off, trying to get everything done. Liz had left for Melbourne this morning, telling the boys not to destroy the house to which the replied with 'No promises'.

"Jace! Luke! You two get the dance floor ready! Me and Cara will set up the kitchen." Isabela dictated.

"Got it!" Both boys ran downstairs to the basement.

"WAIT!" Cara yelled, making everyone freeze. "Where are the cups?"

"Shit, me and Jace forgot those." Isabela replied.

"Fine, I'll go get some from the store. You guys keep working!"

8:55pm

"Alright, everything is done! Go change and then we'll set out the food. And the pizza will be here soon." Luke ordered.

9:30pm

Everything was done. This was going to be an amazing party. To anyone it'd just be a night of fun, but what Luke didn't know was that this party was going to start a chain of events that'll change his life forever.

I hate this chapter. But double update. Yay! Party next chapter, it's going to be long so it might take a day or two to write.

Until next time, Bye!

FOLLOW

VOTE

COMMENT

{Not Edited}