Chapter 4

"Mom, can me and Luke throw a party this Friday?" Jace asked his mom as she was watching tv in her room.

"Yeah, can we?" Luke chimed in, walking behind Jace.

Liz paused the movie to look at her two boys. "I don't know, boys." She sighed.

"But you let us have parties before." Luke whined.

"I know but I'm going to be out of town this weekend. Usually when you two throw parties, I go to a friends house. So if something were to happen I could be here in 10 to 15 minutes. But now that I'll be in Melbourne it'll take 10 to 15 hours to be here." Liz explained. Most children would throw the party without even telling their parents, but the two boys are really close to their mom.

"That's still good time to me." Jace tried to reason, only resulting in a playful glare from LIz.

"But mom, I need to throw this party, it'll be the first party of the school year and I'm always the one to throw it." Luke said, which is true. "If I don't throw this party, my reputation will go down the drain."

"Yeah mom, that can't happen." Jace said, both boys gave their mother a knowing look.

"Fine, but you better text me when it starts and when it ends. And if something were to happen you call either Mrs. Jen, Cara's parents, or Isabela's parents. Got it?" Both boys nodded frantically, kissing Liz's cheek. 

They were about to walk out of Liz's room, but Jace turned around to ask yet another question. "Mom, can I play football?" Isabela had already said that it was okay with her if Liz said yes, so it was Liz's call.

She immediately shook her head. "No!"

"Mom, please." Jace begged. "You didn't want Luke to play soccer, but you let him." 

"Football is far more dangerous than soccer." She said sternly. "I've seen way to many horrible injuries on tv that come from that sport." 

Jace gave Luke a look that said 'Help Me'.

"Mom, if you think about it, Jace playing football could really help him in the long run." Luke started. "He could get scholarships to really good colleges and get drafted into the NFL. Therefore he can have a great life. Do you really want to be the cause of Jace being a failure at life?"

"I'm sure he wont be a failure in life." Lz said.

"Yeah!" Jace said, making Luke shrug.

"But," Liz yelled playfully. "If it will help Jace in the long run, he can play football." 

"Yay!" The two boys celebrated.

"We'll go to get your physical Thursday."

I know it's short but it's a filler. I was going to do a double update, but Maze Runner: Scorch Trials came on and you know how that went. 

Until Next Time, Bye!

FOLLOW

VOTE

COMMENT

(Not Edited)