He took my hands in his and looked me in the eye. I could see hurt and pain in them. And most important thing I saw in his glossy eyes was trust. That I knew, he'll never break.
"I've lost my sister. Now, I don't want to lose you too. You mean the world to me. I'll go through hell and back, just to keep you safe." I knew this is an unbreakable vow. And I believed, he won't break it. This is the thing I wanted to hear from him. The voice spoke in my head. This was the first time I could sense happiness in the voice. The Voice of him...

"You deserve to know everything. It's all about you." Alex stated, and this time without riddle. I turned my attention at him. And this time he was not covering in the corner and avoiding my questions.

"Just like Drew, I also first thought that you're here for a reason. George doesn't do anything without a reason. That's why I stalked you that night. I wanted to know, what Cobbles are planning next? But soon I realized, You're innocent. You're here just for spending your vacations. And you're unaware of their cruel intentions. You're just another victim of him." I frowned at him. What did he mean by 'Another victim'?

"What do you mean?" I asked. Sensing the coldness in the air around us. My step-father was a sick fuck.

He smiled sadly. "Do you remember, once I told you about my best friend.... Miles and his mother Catherine Odell?" I nodded quickly, not wanting to waste anymore time. Because I wanted to know about Miles Odell. So bad. He was a crucial part of my life. Because he was living in my head. He was the source of that voice in my head.

"Your stepfather George Cobble was once married to Catherine Odell." My body froze as I heard the harsh reality. It felt like a slap on my face.

"WHAT!!!!!!" I screamed. I couldn't believe. I couldn't believe. I had never expected him to say something like this. Never. Ever. Ever. It was hard to believe that George had another family before us. And he never told us. Saying that he never got the time to marry and have kids, he was very busy in business. Bullshits. Realisation hit me. Miles Odell was George's son.

"Step-son." Alex corrected me. Wait a minute, how'd he hear my thought? Was I thinking out loud? Whatever, it was freaking making me insane. I could never admit that Miles is George's son.

"You have to believe, Claire. This is the reality. As harsh as it seems." Drew said quietly. He was feeling sorry for me.

"He married to Catherine Odell about three years ago. It was her second marriage. She died within an year of her marriage. Although Miles exclaimed that she was killed. That Cobble killed her." I remembered watching him accusing Cobble for killing his mother. But how can It be possible? Me knowing all of it. Miles is him. And he showed me everything that had happened to him. But why'd he run away?

"If he had known, who killed his mother, then why didn't he do anything about It? Why did he run away?" I asked the most genuine question. I knew, it's a sensitive topic for Alex. Because Miles was his best friend and he told me once that he knew Miles would never run away.

Alex didn't say a word, instead Drew spoke. "Alex believes, he didn't run away. I believe too that he would never run. He was not that kind of a guy who give up easily. He just disappeared mysteriously, without any trace, one night suddenly. And I'm agree with Alex. Because I know, what Cobbles are capable of. If they can kill Mrs. Odell.....then...they can..k-kill... Miles too." My eyes teared up once again. It was hard for either of them to explain this. They didn't know where their friend is? And they didn't want to believe that he's met the same fate as his mother. Because I know he met the same fate as his mother. There's no other way to believe the voice in my head. He talks to me. He sees through my eyes. He shows me what he'd been through. He's.... dead!

And, what the hardest part of this was for me to believe that I had a half-brother. Miles was my half brother. I always tried to find some connection between me and him. And now I wished I wouldn't have found out. I'm the only closer person to him, that's why he chose me to help him. And now I knew, why Alex always used to say I remind him of him.  Of my half-brother. Because he was living in me. I acted like him. I talked like him. Because I feel whatever he says is right.

I remembered his words. 'I will take avenge.' He is seeking for revenge. That's why he needed someone. He wanted me to help him to take revenge of his mother's death. Because he couldn't do it on his own. That's why he wanted me to know all of this? So many questions, and no answer to them.

But I knew one thing. And that was if he had chosen me, he had chosen me for a reason. I was going to do what he couldn't do. I will take revenge of him and his mom's death. Cobbles will pay. They had betrayed us. Now They were gonna be the reason of my mom's tears. I won't let it happen. I won't forgive them.

"I will take avenge. I want to see them rotting in the prison." I stated with determination in my voice. And hatred for them. I'd had enough. They'd fooled us enough. All bridges were burnt now it was their turn to cry. Gain again what they want to steal.

Both, Drew and Alex looked at me as if I had grown third eye. They were not taking me seriously.

"You're kidding me. Right?" Alex spoke up. I narrowed my eyes.

"Don't you think, we've tried. We've tried to find him everywhere. We've tried to find every possible evidence to send them in jail. But all we've found is hopelessness. They're always a step ahead of us." Drew said while cursing those days when everything fell apart.

"You couldn't find him because only they know where he is. You couldn't find any evidence against them because you don't know anything about them. And I'm the only one who can dig their past. We'll strip them naked in front of justice." Alex eyes lit up at my words. A small beam of hope ignited in him.

"How so? They already know, you're suspicious about them. How are you gonna dig their past? And I won't let you go back there again. God knows what will they do this time?" Drew was right. But we had no other choice. I also didn't want to go back either. But I had to.

"Try to understand. Drew! There's suspicion will confirm if she didn't go back. If that bitch of Granny didn't find her in her bedroom in the morning. Then what do you expect they'll do? We have no other choice. But this. She has to go back. It's the only way to keep her safe." Alex reasoned. I couldn't be more satisfied with him. We couldn't confirm their suspicion. I had to play pretend.

Drew was shaking his head. He still didn't want to let me go home. He was scared. He was worried. But he had to understand. It was the only way to keep me safe.

"Alex is right, Drew. And my mom is with them right now. I can't risk her life." Alex nodded. And Drew sighed, finally giving in.

He took my hands in his. "I already know that. That's why I'm afraid. I can't let you go in that hellhole again. If something happened to you I won't be able to live myself."

"I'm afraid too."