Thirty One

The next week passes in a flash, and all I can think about is my upcoming trip with Harry. The whole idea is so thrilling: clubbing, fake IDs, swimsuits, hotel rooms with Harry. I've never been very far away from the East Coast, the furthest I've gone is Virginia. 

On Friday after school, I go out shopping. Since there's no trace of warmth or summer left in cold Connecticut, it takes me a while to find more swimsuits. I also buy some new dresses, while still bringing along the sparkly one that Harry likes. I haven't been this excited for anything in a while. When I get home from shopping I pack my suitcase. 

Harry warned me that a lot of the places that we are going are trashy, and that Las Vegas is pretty much the trashy capitol of the world. Despite that, I bring some tights incase my dress feels to short. I also bring a straightening iron, a curling wand, and my only pair of sunglasses. I end up bringing two bags, one for shoes and makeup, and the other for clothes and swimsuits. I leave a note for Ryan, telling him that I'm on a trip with Harry that if he is desperate to talk to me he can call me.

Harry is waiting for me in the lobby when I get there. He kisses me, observing my bags.

"You only brought two?" He asks.

"I only needed two."

"I suspected you would bring at least four." He smiles.

"I'm over-prepared, but not that over-prepared." I laugh.

As we drive to the airport, I can't help but be nervous. The last time Harry was around alcohol and the rest of his frat friends, he got carried away. I can handle any of his sexual advances, but I know he's scared of hurting me again. 

"Look, my friends are very...unruly. They will try to get you to do stuff you don't want to do. So if anyone wants you to come to a strip show please say no." He glances over at me as we pull up to the frat house.

"I won't go see any strippers as long as you don't." I would never see strippers in a million years, but I'm not as sure about Harry.

He rolls his eyes. "Please, Scout. You're the only woman that I want to see strip." He gets out without another word, grabbing out luggage from the back. I laugh quietly at his words, getting out of the car myself.

I take my bags from Harry, joining the other large crowd of people in the front yard. I spy Louis, walking over to him.

"Hey! It's been forever." I hug him, but feel Harrys eyes on me and quickly stop. 

He does recognize my awkward gesture. "How've you been? I'm glad you decided to come."

"She's great." Harry walks up behind me, his hand slipping under the fabric of my shirt.

"Harry, glad you decided to come mate."

Harry nods, but whispers in my ear, "I'll be coming. Quite often actually."

I laugh, and Louis gives me a look.

"Shall we get in the car?" Harry asks. Waiting out front is a bunch of vans ready to take us to the airport.

Theres more people then I realized, and theres a lot more women there are men. A lot of them are prettier then me too. 

In my van is Harry, Louis, Zayn, Miles, and several women. The driver of the cab looks horrified by these children covered in tattoos, and he avoids all conversation.

"Scout! So glad you could come." Miles tells me, speaking across Harry who is sitting in between us. 

Harry is tense next to me, so all I say is, "Thanks."