Twelve

"Hey there," Harry says when I open the door.

"Hi."

He struts inside, taking a seat at my kitchen counter. My mind flashes to when he was making tacos and I cringe.

"I think we should do something about DNA causing mental disabilities." I say.

"That's fine whatever."

That was almost too easy.

"Okay. So do you want me to write the paper and you can do the poster board?"

"Whatever."

How is this Harry?

I get up, walking over to where he is standing. My shoe lace snags on the chair and I trip and fall right on top of him, straddling his body.

"Shit, sorry." I say.

"Its fine." He smirks.

We stay there for a few seconds, just looking into each others eyes. His are so beautiful compared to my hazel ones.

I don't know why, but I kiss him.

He's surprised at first, but eventually his tongue traces my lower lip. I run my fingers through his curly hair, playing with the baby hairs on the base of his neck.

A door opens, and before I can jump off of Harry, Ryan walks into the room.

"Oh my god-Scout?" Ryan asks in pure disbelief at the sight of Harry and I.

"I fell." I wasn't lying. It was the truth.

"I can't believe your going out with this dirtbag! Niall was so good for you and now you're with this punk." I can smell the alcohol on him from here.

"I'm her science partner." Harry defends himself.

"Stay away from my sister." Ryan yells.

"We're science partners." I defend Harry, even though he could probably defend himself.

"I don't care. Stay away from her."

"Ryan! That's not fair! Nothing happened! You need to chill out." I don't want Harry to go.

"Scout I'm your guardian, and what I say goes."

"You're not even around half of the time to be my guardian!" I yell.

I shouldn't have said that.

"Fuck you." Ryan hisses, but I can see the regret in his eyes.

"Don't talk to her like that." Harry steps in between us, putting me in front of him.

"Get out of here." Ryan says.

"No."

"Get out."

"No way, not while your so drunk. Scout can stay with me."

I can? My heart skips two beats.

"Absolutely not, now Scout come here."

"No Ryan. When you're ready to talk to Harry with the respect he deserves I'll come home." I glance over at Harry and he smiles at my words.

"You are NOT going home with him."

"Yes, I am. Let's go Harry. " I say pulling his arm toward the door.

Ryan doesn't try to stop me when I walk past him with Harry following closely behind.

I get into Harrys jeep, struggling to hold in the tears that form behind my eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asks.