Chapter 10: The phone call

Start from the beginning

I fall asleep and wake up to Ricky whispering to Courtney. He brought a blanket and a few pillows. And a phone charger. Courtney gets up and hugs Ricky.

"I'll be right back. I'm going to call Ava." Courtney says and walks off down a hallway.

"I'll stay here until she gets back. How is she?" Ricky asks.

"She's in serious condition. And I hate seeing Courtney this way. And I can't do anything about it. Thanks for bringing all this." I say exhausted.

"well call me when you need anything. And keep us posted." Ricky says.

"I will." I say.

I tweeted to my fans to send prayers to courtneys grandma. I had announced me and Courtney as boyfriend and girlfriend a while back. And they seem to love her. And they ship us. I'm hoping that this actually helps her get better.

Soon enough Courtney comes back crying again. Ricky left after attempting to comfort her. All I can do is hold her. I wrap my arms around her and pet her head and rub her back. Resting my chin on her head. She stops sniffling and we lay down. I turn down the lights in the waiting room. And I plug in courtneys phone first. Then mine. It's 5:30am now and we are awake. Trying to be patient. The nurse comes in and sits down with us.

"Got any news?" Courtney asks quickly.

"Yes. But do you want the good news or bad news first?" the nurse asks. I see her name is Linda.

I look at Courtney to answer.

"Uh good." she says anxiously.

"Surgery went well. And she's in stable condition now. But, her left lung is punctured. And infected. And there isn't anything we can do. We either wait it out and it hope it heals itself or let her live her life until,.. Ya know. She cant. And I'm being very straight forward with you. And the chances are very slim."

By this time courtney is shocked. No tears. I'm shocked. I get up and pace for a second.

"So there's nothing you can do to help it?" Courtney asks frantically.

"Her head will heal. We are going to keep her here for a while. And the lung we are monitoring and we can't do much." Linda say.

"Honey, we are going to try our best. Now if you want to I can bring you to her in a little bit but you have to promise me you will go home and sleep." Linda says. She grabs courtneys shoulders and then hugs her.

"I'll be back in bit." Linda says.

"Thank you." Courtney says and try's to give a smile.

Courtney flops down on the floor and wraps her arms around her legs.

"Kian, she has to get better." she whispers.

"I know." I say and rub her back. I put the pillows and blanket on the couch neatly.

"Okay you guys can come back. She's awake but very weak." Linda comes out and motions us to follow. I grab both of our phones an stick them in my pocket. I wipe courtneys tears as we walk. We enter the rooms and Courtney brings her hands to her face. Before I get into the room. Courtney turns around and runs out the door. Linda looks at me confused and run after her. I grab her from behind and courtney whispers

"I've never seen her look like that. I'm sorry it, it scared me." And she's shaking I grab her hand and we walk slowly back to the room. I walk in first and we stand in front of the bed. My arm on courtneys shoulders. Her grandma opens her eyes. Courtney rushes to the bed side.and sits.

"We are here grandma... Me and kian are here...They are going to take care of you...." she pauses in between sentences.

"I love you both." she says quietly.