Chapter 14- Hot Air Balloons and Dates

Throughout the week, we had so much fun. The whole squad went to the beach again, and this time Josh didn't runoff. It was adorable when one time Bryan and Brandon both had their arms around Josh's shoulder and teased him about me, causing Josh's cheeks to burn up and the whole group to laugh. Even Jason, who was still going through problems at home.

I knew that Troy secretly liked Josh, but he hid it cause his stupid pride never let him admit it. He also didn't take the date very well, but my dad, on the other hand, was squealing. Yes, squealing. He was so excited for some reason.

I sighed. I couldn't get this tear drop right. It was the last teardrop before the ocean of tears were surrounding her, but it wasn't working out. It was supposed to merge with the sea, but I just couldn't get it right. I was painting a girl crying and drowning in the ocean of her tears. There was a boat right next to her, and she knew it, but she couldn't get to it.

I shifted to get more comfortable on the stool. I had been coming to the underground painting room for inspiration, and it was confounding how much I got done. I heard someone come in through the slide before dropping on the mattress. I looked up at him, and instantly a smile emerged.

"Hey, you," he whispered, walking towards me.

"Hey to you too, raccoon boy," I whispered back.

"Is this nickname going to become a thing?"

"You bet it is. You call me Sunshine, so I guess I'll call you raccoon boy."

He shook his head, and I laughed. "What am I going to do with you?"

I placed my paintbrush down and stared into his intense green eyes. "You're going to get me a burger because I'm starving."

He gave me the 'Are you serious look,' and I giggled. I shooed him away with my hands, and he sighed. "I'll go get the burger," he mumbled.

"The painting looks good, by the way," he said before climbing up the slide.

I eventually gave up on the stupid teardrop that wasn't taking shape and stood up. I got out of my apron and climbed out. The minute I walked out, the smell of food engulfed me.

"Food!" I exclaimed.

"Nu-uh," Josh said, holding my burger in the air. Stupid tall people.

I gave him my puppy dog eyes, and he instantly looked away. "Please, Josh?"

"Don't do that."

"Do what?"

"That thing with your eyes, then the way you stick out your bottom lip. Just stop."

Bryan and Brandon literally snorted at the same time. "Dude you're so whipped," they said in unison.

"Don't do that!" Troy yelled, while playing FIFA against Jason.

"Do what?" The twins said. They looked at each other and snickered.

"Seriously. It's creepy," Jason added.

"How-"

"Is-"

"It-"