Chapter 20- "Why did parties never end well?"

She stared at me in disbelief for a second before she attacked. She lunged towards me, causing us both to collide on the ground. I held her hands away from my face as she tried to dig her nails into my flesh. She successfully scratched my cheek.

"What have I ever done to you that you hate me so much?" I screamed.

She gave no response, her eyes filled with anger. Lynette was violently pushed off me. Josh knelt in front of me, checking me for any injuries. He helped me up, but I was too angry to care. I looked past his shoulders, to see Lynette fighting out of Bryan's arms.

"What the fuck is going on?" Troy asked, shock clear on his face.

"She fucking slapped me! Let me go right now!" Lynette yelled.

"Who slapped who?" Brandon asked.

"Can we all calm down? What happened exactly?" Jessica questioned.

"Let me go!" Lynette screamed more, finally freeing herself from Bryan. She glared and ran towards me. All the guys ran after her, trying to stop her from getting to me, but Josh immediately pushed me behind him, causing her to crash into him instead.

"Is she crazy?" Kelsey asked in disbelief, her eyes wide.

He grabbed her arms tightly, his jaw hard. "I think you've done enough," he jabbed.

She fought to get out of his hold but eventually gave up. She huffed, finally relaxing. She angrily groaned, dragging her arms out of Josh's grip, picking her phone off the floor and walking away. Jason stood in front of her, blocking her way.

"Where do you think you're going? It takes a lot to get Tess violent, so what exactly did you do?" Jason grilled.

"Just let her go," I muttered, running my hand through my hair. I stalked straight into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water out of the fridge, trying to clear my head.

Walking back to the living room where everyone waited in shock, I gulped down the water. I exhaled, plopping down on the single couch, staring into thin air.

How could she have let them? Why?

Kelsey walked up to me slowly, kneeling opposite me. "You're bleeding." She lightly touched my cheek.

"I'll get the first aid kit," Bryan said, disappearing into the little medical room we had.

He arrived in less than a minute, tending to my wound while I remained in a spot, unmoving.

When he was done, he applied a tiny bandaid. He placed two of his fingers on my chin, lifting my face. His blue eyes held concern but he offered me a smile nonetheless. "Chin up, talk to us."

I let out another breath, crushing the bottle in my hand. "She led them to my room. She let them cut my hair and dared to act like she knew nothing."

Jason was by the stairs, his eyes livid. Bryan, Kelsey, and Brandon looked confused as hell, Troy ran his hand through his hair, annoyed, Jessica looked pissed, and Josh stared, blank.

"Look, I know I shouldn't have slapped her, but I was just so pissed. I just don't understand why. I never did anything. I never-"

"You didn't do enough. I would have punched her if I were you," Kelsey said.

"This is ridiculous," Troy stated, walking upstairs in haste.

"Troy!" I yelled after him, but he ignored me. I ran my hand down my face. "Aren't you guys going to stop him?"

They all shrugged. "Whatever he's about to dish, she deserves tenfold," Jessica said.

"But this makes no sense. She's your cousin," Bryan said.