Chapter 3- Dogs and Perverts

"I swear this story will be the death of me!" I yelled to no one in particular.

I had just finished reading 'The elite' from the selection series, and I love the book, but I just didn't understand why Marlee had to be punished like that. The prince never had feelings for her in the first place. She should have been allowed to leave.

It's just a book. Why was I getting so worked up?

I shook my head and tried to shake off my annoyance brought onto me from a book. I stripped and walked into the shower. After rigorously washing my hair and scrubbing my body squeaky clean, I grabbed my towel and walked out of my bathroom.

I put on my undergarments, and as I was picking out my outfit, someone walked into my room. I turned to see Jason smiling brightly at me. I ran towards him and jumped. He caught me with ease.

"Jason!" I exclaimed.

He chuckled slightly before unwrapping his arms around me. "Hey pumpkin, long time no see," he said.

I let go of him. "How was your trip?" I asked as he got comfortable on my bed.

"It was good, the university is a great place, so I can't wait."

"No shoes on my bed!" I yelled.

He put his hands up in surrender and took his shoes off. I hummed in agreement and walked over to my closet. I put on baggy shorts that I probably stole from Troy's closet and a black crop top.

"So you're fine with leaving me here, then?" I pouted.

"You're just a year below. You'll be at university soon. No need to pout like a baby," he stated.

"Yeah, whatever."

Jason was one of my brothers best friends since forever, but he was basically my brother as well. Whether blood-related or not. He had black hair and blue eyes; overall, he was handsome, but he was the basic 'playboy.'

He was fun, and he could be sweet, but he could just never stick to one girl, and that was a problem. I didn't support his fuckboy ways, but neither could I change who he was. He'll meet the girl that will fix him up eventually.

Jason had just gotten back from visiting California State University with my brother, where they would be attending next year. They had offered him a football scholarship, and that's the future he and my brother were serious about.

There were two other guys to complete our group of friends. The twins; Bryan and Brandon.

"As a matter of fact, where are the twins?" I asked Jason.

As if on cue, they both barged into my room. I sighed; our house was a community home.

They were fraternal twins, but both had blonde hair and blue eyes. Bryan was slightly taller than Brandon, though.

Bryan was the 'rebel' of the group, I guess. He was just the annoying guy that pulled pranks, found everything funny, and was hardly ever focused. Although he didn't seem like the school type, he was a genius. He had even been offered a scholarship to Stanford University last year, and that's where he's going before medical school. Bryan was just the opposite of what most people thought about him. The most fascinating thing about Bryan, though, was that he had never dated anyone, and he was not interested. Sure he flirted here and there but that was about it. At some point, we thought maybe he was asexual, but he just stated that no girl was interesting enough nor intellectually compatible with him. For someone who swoons over models and any show of skin, he had quite high standards for the girl he wanted to date. He told us he was not planning on dating to break up and going through shitty heartaches for no reason.