Chapter 37- Revenge and Cabins

"So, are you going to tell me what's wrong?" Troy asked his eyes on the road. The minute he found me, he pulled me in for a hug and took me to the car.

"I don't know either; it seems," I whispered.

"Is it Josh?"

I exhaled. "Yeah."

"Do you want me to kill him for you?"

I giggled as I sniffed. "No, he's still my boyfriend. I would want to kill him by myself."

"I've raised you well, I'm proud."

I smiled, looking outside. Whatever was wrong with Josh, we were supposed to figure it out together, not be against one another. If he needed space and time to do it by himself, then I could support from the sidelines.

Maybe I didn't get my point across well?

"Just give him some time, maybe? No matter how much I complain about your relationship, I know for sure that he likes you."

"I just wish he'd talk to me, you know. He was perfectly fine yesterday."

My brother chuckled. "T, a relationship should also allow space for individual growth and fixing of problems. I understand you want to help out and all, but maybe it's just something he's got to do on his own."

I pouted. "Can't he at least tell me the issue?"

"In due time."

I ran my hand through my hair. "I want to be there for him.

Troy's eyes turned to me for a quick second. He reached over to ruffle my hair. I frowned, blowing a few strands out of my face. "Look at you all grown up."

"You and dad need to understand I'm not a little girl anymore."

"Dad understands that," he said. "I don't think I'm ready to accept it, though. You're going to be my little sister, forever."

I smiled. "Thank you for getting me out of there. You even left your girlfriend."

"Jess is an adult; she understands that you're my responsibility."

~^~^~^~^~^~

It was already Sunday, and I was still waiting on Josh. I had thought maybe he'd leave a text or call or something, but I was wrong. I focused on my incomplete painting, dipping my paintbrush into water.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I almost didn't notice the light footsteps behind me.

"Hey," a hoarse voice said.

My heart rate increased, but I remained still, not turning to look him in the eyes. For over twenty four hours, this is all I wanted, and now that he was here, I didn't know how to feel.

I took a deep breath and placed my paintbrush in the bowl of water, turning around on my stool to face him, keeping my face blank.

His eyes turned hopeful. He was holding a cute box filled with treats and everything he knew I loved. I swallowed as I eyed the contents in the transparent box, willing my façade to remain.

"I'm sorry," was how he started.

I got off the stool, walking over to the table and grabbing my bottle of water, gulping it down. "Go on."

A small smile appeared on his face. "Therapy is helping, yes, but things just got too heavy yesterday, and I took it out on you, which was utterly wrong."

"Yeah."

"Look, I got you treats," he said, rushing over to me and pushing the box in my hands. "There are cupcakes, and skittles, gummy bears, white chocolate. Everything you love."