Chapter 26- Pale, almost lifeless

"I don't fucking care about your damn protocol. Just find my sister for me. She's about 5'6. She has bright blue eyes, shoulder-length dark brown hair, and she answers to the name Tess. I don't care! If you don't find her, I assure you, I will sue your entire fucking police firm. Dare me," he finished, murderously.

"Troy," Bryan called. I looked into the laptop to see what he was doing. I saw a red blinking light.

"What, Bryan?"

"Her tracker is disconnected. Her phone is definitely broken. I've been trying to get in, but it keeps on declining," Bryan informed us.

"You have a tracker on her phone?" I asked.

"I have a tracker in all of your phones," he stated.

I didn't have enough strength to start questioning how he put a tracker on my phone or when he put it. We all rushed out of the car, and Jessica divided us into two groups so we could cover more ground faster. Kelsey, Brandon, Troy and Jessica went left while Bryan, Jason, Lynette and I went right.

We went into every boutique and store asking for her, but all they responded was that they either hadn't seen her or she had left about forty-five minutes ago.

We walked round faster until we got closer to a little cafe. I sighted a dark blonde stalking closer to the cafe. When his eyes caught mine, I noticed his swollen cheek which seemed suspicious. I stalked faster towards him.

"Excuse me," I started.

He looked me over and folded his arms, waiting for me to continue. Jason and Bryan came up by my sides, and Lynette stayed behind us.

"Have you seen this girl around?" Jason asked, showing him a picture of Tess.

Something flashed through the guy's eyes, but as fast as it came, it disappeared. He shrugged and shook his head. "Nope, haven't seen her."

There was something about him that didn't sit right with me. Bryan must have noticed it as well because he took a step closer to the guy, and now they were chest to chest having a staredown. The guy was slightly shorter than Bryan, but he didn't back down.

"Please, if you've seen her anywhere, tell us. This is serious," Bryan said, his voice dangerously low.

"Once again, no, I haven't," the guy said again.

Lynette grabbed Bryan by the shoulder and dragged him back slightly. "He said he hasn't, back down," she muttered.

Bryan continued staring at the guy as he slowly moved back. Jason nudged me so that we could leave. It felt like everything was in slow motion. They guy slightly smirked, and before I could react, my hands were ahead of me. I grabbed him by the neck and slammed him into the concrete wall. He grunted and tried to gasp for air.

"What the hell?" he groaned out.

"Josh!" I heard Bryan yell.

I didn't care about anyone else anymore. "Where is she?"

He tried to pry my hands off his neck, but my grip only tightened. "I told you, I don't know!"

"Sei un dannato bugiardo! Where the hell is she?"

His eyes narrowed at me, but he said nothing.

"Se devo chiedere ancora una volta."

"English, Josh," I heard Jason say.

"She came by the cafe a little while ago, but ever since then, I haven't seen her," he struggled to speak.

He was lying.