Chapter 8- Flirting, Beaches and Saltwater

This chapter is dedicated to SarahPluviose for making me want to update as soon as I can. Thank you so much for your votes, opinions, and comments! They make my day!

~^~^~^~^~^~^~

I laughed at the bad joke Josh made. This was the most I had ever seen him smile, and for some reason, I didn't want that to go away.

"Okay, I have another one! Why are actors always told to break a leg? Because every play has a cast!" He cracked up. I looked him up and down, smiling. He caught my eyes then smirked.

"Checking me out?"

I rolled my eyes. Boys. "No, I was just wondering why you aren't always this happy."

"You can't always be happy every single minute of every day, sunshine," he said.

"That's not what I meant."

He just shrugged. "I guess I haven't had anything to be happy about for a while now."

"So, what's making you happy today?"

"The beach. The sun. The wind."

I nodded. "What is your biggest pet peeve?" I asked.

He put his hand on his chin then thought about it. "People who chew loudly. It's so annoying. My sis-. I mean, it's just annoying and gross."

His sister? He has a sister? Or maybe he had one? I knew not to ask from the way he quickly diverted from the slip-up. I just nodded in agreement. After a few moments, he talked.

"What's yours?"

"I don't like people touching me. Like, I'm cool with my friends and all but just people I haven't gotten to know, touching me," I replied.

"So, if I were to pick you up for no reason now, would that annoy you?"

"Well, I kind of know you so--"

He didn't give me a chance to finish. I was picked up. He threw me over his shoulder, and I started to retaliate by hitting his back.

Troy, Jason, and Brandon we're currently surfing while Bryan was teaching Kels how to use his Nikon D5300 camera. Jessica was lying on a beach chair, cheering Troy on in her cherry red bikini because he was just out of his game today. He kept falling off his surfboard and cursing under his breath.

"Josh put me down!" I exclaimed.

"If you say so." He walked towards the ocean.

I gasped. "If you dare-"

He dropped me.

In the saltwater.

I jumped up, surprised. I'm bleeding from down there; now I'm drenched all over.

"I'm going to kill you!" I yelled at Josh, who was rolling on the sand, laughing. "You got me wet, and now I have to change."

"Your face. Your face was priceless," he sputtered. I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, do you know how to surf?" he asked, once he finally calmed down.

"Yup. All of us but Jessica and Bryan got lessons three summers in a row when we were younger. Why? Want me to teach you?"

"I wouldn't mind," he said.

He was in such a flirty mood today. Or was I just reading into it too much?