Chapter 13- Horror Movies and Raccoons

Kelsey came to wake me up. She told me that everyone else was downstairs, and I should get Josh since he was closer to me than anyone else. I agreed and looked at the clock. It was 2:38 in the morning. We always got up early to watch horror movies. I rubbed my eyes and yawned, getting off my bed and walking towards the last guest bedroom.

I knocked on the door, waiting for a reply, but instead, the door flung open, and Josh smiled at me cheekily.

"Aren't you a bit too cheerful? It's so early," I said groggily.

He shrugged, grabbing my hand, and dragging me towards the stairs. "Word on the street is we're watching 'The Witch.' I love horror movies," he murmured.

The minute he said what we were watching, my eyes almost burst out of their sockets. "You said what?" I asked.

"Finally, we can start," Kelsey said, as Josh and I appeared in the living room. "I was starting to think you guys were making out or something."

"What?" All the guys asked in unison, their eyes examining Josh and me. Their eyes narrowed in on my hand in Josh's.

"Is something going on between you guys?" Bryan asked.

Josh and I looked at one another before he awkwardly let go of my hand. I ran my hand through my hair and coughed. Walking over to the empty heart-shaped sofa, I plopped down and brought my knees up to my chest. Josh walked in my trail and sat next to me.

"Guys, do we really have to watch this? Can't we just watch like a comedy or a classic?" I whined.

"Shush, you do this all the time. If you get scared, just cuddle with Josh or something," Jason said.

"Is there something going on that I don't know about?" Troy asked, looking puzzled.

"Everyone shut it. I'm starting the movie," Brandon commanded. He and Kelsey were comfortably resting on one another. Troy and Jessica were focused entirely on the movie. Even when Troy tried the yawn and reach over her shoulder thing, she glared at him, and he retreated his arm back before he lost it. Movies change people, I tell you.

Jason and Bryan were on the single couches, totally engrossed in the movie as well.

I covered my eyes for the majority of the movie, but I could hear Josh chuckling and even smiling, commenting on how dumb some things were.

I shook the screams out of my head and walked into the kitchen. Opening the fridge, I grabbed the little bottle of chocolate milk I left in earlier.

Just as I was about to take a sip, a voice came from behind me, causing me to screech and drop my milk on the floor.

Bryan laughed. "You're such a baby."

"Go away," I grumbled, taking out paper towels to wipe my spill.

"He likes you," Bryan said.

"Who?" I asked, trashing the paper towels and grabbing a new bottle of chocolate milk. I pulled myself up and balanced on the counter.

"Josh, who else?"

"You're definitely crazy," I stated

He chuckled. "You've got a thing for him as well."

"No, you're mistaken. Josh doesn't like me. We're just friends."

"What about you?"

"What about me? I asked.

"Do you like him?"

I shrugged. "I like his company."

"Alright, T. The movie is ending soon, see you later," Bryan said, patting my knee and offering me a lopsided smile before walking out of the kitchen.