Chapter 29- Josh threw Mr. Fluffy

This is the Wilson father. Sexy man, damn.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
"I'm so sorry I'm late, there were so many unnecessary complications with flights and schedules when all I wanted was to be with my baby girl. Are you okay? Who did this? When I get my hands on them! Shot? How the hell could you have been shot? This makes absolutely no sense at all. Where is your brother? I want the rundown of this."

And this is where I get my ranting from...

"Troy's dealing with it, daddy, and I'm okay, just glad you're here."

He sighed and stared at me for a long hard moment before walking over and giving me a quick but soft hug.

He sighed, "I love you," he said while holding my face.

"I love you, too. Don't get me all emotional."

He just chuckled at me. He looked over at Josh, who was by the corner of the room, watching us with a sad smile. I reckon he's probably missing his parents.

"Thank you for taking care of her. I appreciate it. You being around takes a little stress off Troy. He doesn't obsess over Tess as much because he knows you're there. So, thank you. You put my heart at ease, as well, if I'm honest."

Josh's smile turned into a bright, beautiful one as his green eyes lit up. I could die right here from his beauty alone.

"Being with her always brightens up my day. Sure, she's a little too much sometimes, but it's nothing I can't handle."

Both their eyes turned to me, and I glared at Josh. "I'm perfect; I don't understand what you're talking about."

"Alright, sweetheart," my dad said, the same time, Josh said, "Sure, sunshine."

They looked back at each other and chuckled. "I'm going to make some arrangements, while you just stay here and wait for me, okay?"

"Is there any other place I could be, dad?"

"Yeah, I didn't think that sentence through, did I?"

I just gave him a small smile as he walked out. Josh once again occupied the space next to me. "Hold my hand?"

He grabbed it without a second thought. He stared at me intensely, his eyes saying all he needed to say. He then brought my hand to his lips and placed a gentle kiss on my thumb, his eyes never leaving mine.

Heat crawled up to my face, and I knew I was red. I didn't care, though. All I wanted was to enjoy this moment. So I did.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Back at the beach house, finally!

My dad was able to get me out of the hospital with a stay at home nurse who'd be checking on me every few hours. She was currently in one of the guests' bedrooms while I was in my room with Kelsey, Bryan, and Jessica.

"Are you sure you can take a shower on your own?" Kelsey asked for like the 20th time.

"Guys, I'll be fine. I'll be careful."

"I mean it's not like there's anything we haven't seen before if that's what you're afraid of. We've known you for more than ten years, love. There's nothing that could spark anyone's interest. It's not like your boobs have grown much since we were kids," Bryan stated.

I stared at him with my mouth wide open as Jessica hit him upside the head.

"Bryan!" I yelled while holding my chest.

He just barked out his laughter with tears running down his face. "What? Am I lying?"

"No, but you're not supposed to say it out loud," Kelsey chided.