Chapter 40- Reunions, New Favorites, and Past Secrets

"Stop fucking swearing! My baby sister is here!" Troy yelled, covering Taylyn's ears.

"You just swore, though," Bryan defended.

"Only 'cause you made me!"

"Now, how the hell did I make you swear? Am I a wizard or something?"

They ended up getting into a stupid argument. I sneaked behind them, taking Taylyn in my arms and walking back to my spot on the couch next to Josh. She tugged on my earring, her big eyes staring up at me.

"What's wrong, love?"

"What does swearing mean?" she asked, innocently.

I opened my mouth to explain, but nothing came out, so I remained silent, thinking about how to respond. "Josh, help me. I'm usually the one having things explained to, not the one explaining," I whispered to him. He laughed slightly, shaking his head.

"Just divert her attention," he muttered. "Taylyn, do you want candy? I'm going to get some from the kitchen."

Her eyes widened as she struggled out of my arms, into Josh's, chanting candy. He winked at me before strolling into the kitchen with my little sister in his arms.

My little sister, who I just found out existed a few days ago.

We were all back in Los Angeles. After the day at the hospital, my dad acted quickly, as though my mom would disappear any second if he didn't. Apparently, my dad and the board of directors had recently seen it efficient to purchase a private jet with the amount of travelling that was happening and the opening of a new museum in Atlanta. This came in handy for my father as he ordered everyone to immediately pack and get ready. The minute we were getting to the house was the same minute we were leaving for the jet.

To say everyone was shocked at the sight of a little girl, and even more surprised at the sight of mom was an understatement. Bryan, and Kelsey burst out into tears, hugging her a million times, Jason and Brandon were more or less frozen in shock, but Josh and Jessica were the calmest as could be. Our flight was nothing but noisy, as my mom was bombarded with questions while my father held Taylyn for almost four hours straight, not letting anyone else near. Once we arrived, Lynette was moved to the hospital while Kelsey and Brandon volunteered to stay with her for the time being.

Everyone went to their respective homes to get settled before my house was filled up once again. I just woke up this morning to see that my dad had painted the guest room right opposite his peach and completely girly-fied it. He said that he had missed three years of his daughter's life; he had to make up for the lost time. He worked day and night to complete her room while forcing my mother to sleep, eat and sleep more. She offered to help him, which only ended up in her getting scolded by not only my dad but Troy and me as well.

The trading organization that had my mom and sister was caught and arrested. They were all in jail, and no more women were being sold and used as toys. It hurt me to just think about where my mother was these few years that I tried my hardest not to think about it. It was evident that my mother had obtained emotional and mental scars from such an experience, but my dad had already booked appointments with doctors and a therapist. Taylyn, on the other hand, was way more carefree than I had expected. For a child who was born and lived in such an environment as she did, I expected her to be hostile and quiet as she was when I first met her, but she only remained silent that day because mom had told her never to speak to strangers.

I knew just by looking at Taylyn that my mother had shielded her from the worst parts, allowing her to grow individually as a child. She let anyone who offered pick her up; she was easy to make laugh and smile. She was absolutely in love with Troy, and he was very smitten with her as well, which I'll admit, made me slightly jealous. No matter who took her or spoke to her, she ended up back in Troy's arms. The past twenty-four hours of my life did not feel real whatsoever, but I was just happy. Happy, my mother was back, glad that I was blessed with another sibling, happy that my father's eyes beamed with joy. Everything couldn't be more perfect.