Chapter 23- Gone missing

Christmas break was next week! It didn't snow in Los Angeles, but the temperature could potentially go down a bit with the wind.

Next was the fourth period. History. I didn't think there was any class I liked in school, but history was okay, and Ms. Smith was lovely. I had this class with Bryan and Jason. I took my spot next to Jason, giving him a small smile. "Where's Bry?"

Jason shrugged. "Maybe he's skipping. Didn't see him this morning, either."

"Oh, Bryan," I sighed. "He just thinks he's so much smarter than the rest of us, doesn't he?"

Jason chuckled. "He is so much smarter than the rest of us. He could skip the entire semester and still pass."

"True," I agreed. Jason hummed, in response, drumming his pen on his table. Some girls a few desks away from us turned to him; flirtatious smiles pointed at him.

He noticed them and sent a smirk their way. He winked at them, and I gagged. I turned to him, but his entire focus was on the girls, his eyes examining their features.

I smacked him upside the head. He hissed, massaging the back of his head and turning to glare at me. "Why?"

"See me thinking you had changed. Since the beginning of the summer, you've been keeping it in your pants."

"Who's going to satisfy my needs? You?"

I scrunched my face in disgust. "Ew no."

"Exactly, so I'll keep flirting until I get what I need," he finished.

"What you want, you mean," I inquired.

"Same difference."

I rolled eyes, centering my attention to the front of the class. The lesson was somewhat interesting, it was about some civil war facts and stories. Ms. Smith spoke about how her grandfather fought in the civil war, causing a lot of students to fall asleep, but I found it cute.

After school, I waited for Josh during his basketball practice. Bryan didn't come for training either, and I was getting worried, so I texted to see if he was alright but got no reply. I even tried calling but still nothing. I brushed off my worry, reminding myself that Bryan was an adult and that he was probably taking a break for himself or something.

I watched Josh play, my eyes grazing over his muscles. He was attractive as hell, to say the least.

I did not understand what came over me, but every single turn or move he made, I followed, watching him like I had never seen him play before. When he was done, he walked up to me.

"I could have sworn a fly went into your mouth, considering how wide it was open," he said, smirking.

I shook my head, bringing myself back to reality. I lightly punched him in the arm. "Shut up." My face heated up, knowing that he had seen me.

"Don't tell me you're falling already, sunshine."

I scoffed. "I am not! Go change and drive me home, I'm exhausted."

He put his hands up in surrender, walking away. "I'm going, I'm going."

When he was all changed, he walked out in a tank top and sweats. Why did something so simple look so pleasing to the eyes? What? Why was I thinking all of this?

I smacked my head lightly. "Are you having a seizure? What's all the shaking and hitting for?" he asked.

"Nothing. Let's go." We walked side by side down the empty hallway of the school but were interrupted. Nicole and Amy stood in our way, smiles on their faces. Instantly a frown overtook my facial features, but I said nothing.