Chapter 24- Sitting partners

I added one more black crop top into my box before landing on my bed and sighing.

"So, do you like him, or not?" Kesley asked again.

I groaned. "I don't know."

"Yes, you do. You just don't want to tell us," Jessica interjected.

I covered my face with my hands. "Okay, okay, I think I do." I heard them both squeal.

"Why are we screaming?" Brandon asked walking in. Kelsey skipped into his arms.

"Tess likes Josh!"

"Kelsey! You don't just go shouting it; he might hear it."

"Wait, so she just realized she does? I thought we all established they were already dating."

I held my hand against my mouth. "What do you mean?"

"Always at his house, always sneaking around together, coming back from school with him, the subtle stares that you think no one notices, the blushing you guys think we don't see, and even the way your faces light up when the other is in the room. We're your friend's sweetie, not dumbasses," Jessica ranted.

My eyes were about to bulge out of their sockets. All that was happening? I didn't even think much of all that. I knew that when he was around, I was happy. I knew that these past few weeks, him being around me had made my heart flutter. I knew that other girls flirting with him made me irritated, but I brushed it off, thinking it wasn't a big deal.

"Can you guys hurry the fuck up," Bryan yelled from downstairs.

I looked around my neatly arranged room then walking out. I touched the bracelet that Josh made for me a while ago and smiled slightly as I remembered what the letters stood for. Raccoon boy, my raccoon boy.

My gaze somehow settled on Josh; he wore grey shorts and a green tank top that complimented his green eyes. I always got mesmerized by those eyes. He probably felt someone staring at him because his gaze met mine, a smirk immediately overtaking his lips. I blushed. I heard a little chuckle and saw it coming from Bryan. He wore a white tank top with blue shorts. He clicked on his camera once more before looking at it, probably smiling at whatever picture he had taken of me. Wherever Bryan goes, his camera follows.

"Drooling isn't the best look on you, Tessie."

I felt my face right away, looking for drool, but this prompted Bryan to burst out laughing. I glared at him.

The other boys were all wearing tank tops with sweats. Jessica stood next to Troy, laughing at something he said. She was in sweats like the guys and a simple red crop top with her hair in a bun. Kelsey, who was currently on Brandon's back, had floral shorts and a hoodie on with her hair also in a bun. I scanned the room looking for Lynette and finally found her on the couch on her phone. She had her hair down and wore a cute blue sundress.

My phone vibrated in my back pocket, and I took it out and saw my dad's picture pop up on the screen. I picked up the call.

"Hi, Dad," I said.

"Sweetheart," he breathed out. "Are you guys on your way yet?"

I looked around. "We're getting to it."

"Good. Have fun; I'll be there by Wednesday, okay?"

Wednesday was the 28th. The day before my birthday. "Okay, see you soon."

Josh walked over to me, draping his arm around my shoulder. I leaned into his side, getting comfortable. Jessica, from the other side of the room, winked at me. I sucked in a breath, trying not to think much of Josh's actions that were more or less normal between us.