Chapter 7- Cramps and Numbers

I was so exhausted. Josh kept me in the same position for about two hours. I constantly whined and complained, saying I was tired, my neck hurt and all sorts, but in truth, I loved every second of it. Thinking back to about three weeks ago, when I met Josh and him now, it seemed like two completely different people.

Last night I saw a happier side of him. We spoke mainly about hobbies, shows we liked, music and art. The sparkle in his eyes when he talked about the thrill and adrenaline he felt when playing basketball. I was astonished at how much of a talker he was.

I just sat in my position as I watched his every move. The way he held his pencil, with his fingers so far away from the lead. The way he looked up at me and offered me a smile, every single time.

It was like he was at peace, and that made me happy. It seemed like for those few hours we sat in the meadow, our pasts had been forgotten. Although I knew nothing from his past, I knew that he was keeping a lot of secrets.

Afterward, he showed me his sketch, and I thought it was beautiful. He said he was nowhere close to being done but asked if I liked it. My hair was flowing with the wind, and he paid attention to a lot of my facial features. He was talented in both art and sports.

Can someone say perfect?

A knock came from the door, bringing me out of my thoughts. I scrunched my face in confusion because no one, and I mean no one, ever knocked.

I announced for the person to come in, as I curled back into my blankets and held Mr. Fluffly tighter. I stared at the door and watched Kelsey come in.

"Why'd you knock?" I asked incredulously.

"I was trying to be polite," she said.

We stared at one another a few more seconds before bursting out laughing.

"You? Polite?"

"I know, right? It sounded way better in my head," she replied.

I just shook my head in amusement and got comfortable on my pillow. Kelsey lay next to me, analyzing my state.

"Period?"

"Yeah," I sighed.

Being on my period was horrible, but luckily, it only lasted four days. Troy calls it "the four days of hell." My lady flow caused me to go through mood swings and terrible cramps. If I wasn't giving snarky remarks or snapping at someone, I was locked up in my room and minding my own business. Sometimes I would cry, sometimes I craved way more things than my belly could take. Overall, it was just a dreadful thing all females had to go through. Every single month.

I always pitied girls who had their periods for longer than me with worse cramps. It was unfair for anyone to have to go through bleeding for days straight. We get it; we aren't pregnant.

"Hang on; I'll back in a second," Kelsey said.

I nodded as she walked out of my room and appeared back in a minute. In her hand was a box of dark chocolates, a box of cinnamon rolls, a bottle of water and Tylenol.

Even through the pain, I couldn't help but smile. I sat up as she placed all the items on my bed.

"You're the best boyfriend I could ever ask for," I said.

She rolled her eyes, but I knew she loved me. She instructed me to have a cinnamon roll before the painkillers. She grabbed my laptop from my desk, put central intelligence on, and got comfortable with me on the bed.