Chapter 36

“So it’s true. You are... with this guy.

“Mum, I-“

“Save your apology, Emily. I know you're not dating John and it was all an excuse that you invented so I didn’t know that you were with this guy.”

“It happened none of what you’re thinking.”

“At least you had that decency.”

“Mum!”

“You disappointed me so much.”

“Why?”

“Why?! Have you seen the kind of person that you’re dating?”

“Mum, Louis is a normal person.”

-“You're fooling yourself. Look at him, Emily. What kind of future do you expect to have with him?”

“That-“

“Emily, dear.” She interrupted me. “Boys like him don’t fall in love, don’t want to have a stable job and a stable life. What do you think it will happen when you give him what he wants? Do you believe he’ll stay with you? Honey, he will leave you and you will suffer, your school grades will decrease and your career will be ruined. All because of him.”

“My grades hadn’t decreased, actually they rose.”

“And when he leave you?”

“What makes you so sure the he’ll leave me?”

“Do you, by any chance, know anything about his past? Because I have everything and I'm sure it won’t please you.” She said, with a triumphant smile.

“I know everything about his past and there's nothing there that I like about it, but you know what? That's what makes me love him even more, because perfection does not exist and he’s perfect, and you’re not too. Neither do I!”

“Look at what you have become because of him! Why do you insist on ruining your future like that?”

“What?”

“Just when I thought you were finally on the track and you had recovered from all that had happened and that you had found a decent guy, you disappoint me this way.”

“I'm not ruining my future. If I recovered from what happened to me it was because of Louis.”

“Don’t be so naive. You really think he cares about you? Do you really think he helped you because he loves you? It’s all because of his interest, for you to give him what he wants!”

“No. You don’t know him and you cannot judge him that way.”

“No, honey, I know you better than you think.”

“What?”           

“He tried to kill a girl, but failed, because she went to the hospital and a heart transfusion could save her. He matched her, but refused to save her.”

“Ho-how do you know that?”

“Does that mean you knew about it?”

“Yes.”

“And still, you’re with him?”

“People forgive.”

“Not one death, not the trafficking and consumption of drugs, not the games he has done for money.”

My eyes widened at the sound of something new. What game was she talking about? Didn’t Louis omitted something from his past? But I thought he had told me everything, that he had trusted me.

You should already know that she has an owner. You can’t take her from him like that, you have to play fair, or don’t you know the rules?

Ash's voice sounded in my head in the day that Harry was threatening me. It was another of the things that many people knew about Louis and I did not.

“Hmm... So don’t tell me you didn’t know about this?” My mother said, smiling.

“Don’t talk about what you don’t know.” Louis warned, his voice full of anger and I felt the grip of his hand on mine.

“You see dear, he doesn’t even trust you, how he could love you?”

I looked at Louis and saw that he was frowning. She was right. If he didn’t trust me , it was not capable of loving me, and if he hadn’t told me about the game, whatever that is, he didn’t trust me, aka he didn’t love me.

“Louis.” I called and his blue eyes met mine.

“Emily let’s go.” My mother ordered serious and severe.

“No.” I refused still looking at Louis.

I wanted to know what games was she talking about and why he hadn’t told me about it.

“No?”

“Mum, I’ll stay with Louis.”

“Is that really what you want?”

“Yes.”

“Very well, but don’t forget that I am your mother. You will do what I want. Whether you like it. Or not.”

“What-“

She didn’t let me finish, since she turned her back on me and went to her black BMW, tearing right away. As she turned the corner I looked at Louis waiting for an explanation. He sighed and grabbed my hand.

“I'll tell you all up there.”

I let myself be led by him to the elevator, but I stopped at the door and raised an eyebrow, which made him laugh and he pull me into the elevator.

“Louis!” I screamed and let out a little squeal.

“Come on, it won’t fall.”

I sighed and grabbed me to his shirt, my hands shaking. When the elevator stopped and the doors opened, it was like if I could breathe again. I really hated elevators.

Louis came after me and opened the door of the apartment. Now that I remembered, I had never seen any neighbors in the aisles, doesn’t anyone else leaves in here? No, that would be very weird. Should be just a coincidence, after all, I was always gone early because of school and returned late.

God I speak like I live here!

I sat at one end of the sofa with my legs crossed and Louis sat down right after me. I took a deep breath to prepare myself for what was coming.

“What games was my mum talking about?”

________________________________________________________
I know this is really small, but I wanted to make a cliffhanger for what's coming muahahah :3

@niamrauhl :)