Chapter 1

*edited*

His presence was noted the moment he crossed Starbucks' door. He was different than everyone else and that's made my eyes glue to him. He was wearing a The Killers' shirt, blue eyes and a beanie that covered almost all of his brown hair – which didn't make much sense, since it was sunny outside – his arms covered with tattoos and the kind of playful smile that only book characters have,

As his eyes met mine, I quickly focused on the whipped cream from my strawberry milkshake. Maybe it was a weird thought and I'm not one to judge people - even though everyone does it – but I didn't want someone like him knowing I was looking at him.

I checked my phone I realized I still had time for some shopping, so, I got out and started walking around the mall, until I came across Intimissimi.

Some minutes later I got inside and after denying help a couple of times – no, I don't need help; yes, I know which is my right size and cup; yes, I know red is a sexy color, but no, thank you – I grabbed a black lace set and I decided I was going to buy that one.

"I could only imagine you wearing that... mmm..."

I jumped with his voice whispering in my ear, dropping the set on the floor that the boy from Starbucks' was quick to catch, taking his sweet time looking at it.

I could feel my cheeks burning. Who the hell does he think he is to do this to me? What an idiot! I took the set from his hands and quickly paid and got out of the store, looking back from time to time to make sure he wasn't following me.

When I finally got to my dorm, I found Kahlan laying down, who got up the second I walked in when she noticed all the bags I was carrying.

"You will honestly lead your mum to bankruptcy." She jokes.

"Hm... well, my mum has tons and you know it. Besides, I bought all these things with my father's money. Since he keeps telling me to spend it, so be it. Good to know he's useful."

"He's still your father, you know..."

"Yes, according to nature or something like that." I sighed. "I think I'm going to bed, I'm too tired."

...

I was awakened by my annoying alarm at 7:15am. I turned it off when, really, what I felt like was throwing it at the wall and sleep forever. I got up still sleepy, obviously, and took a shower. I got dressed and walked to the cafeteria, so I could eat something, since Kahlan wasn't no longer in the dorm.

How in the world did she even get up before me? It never happens.

After I was done eating, I walked to the lockers area and, as I had initially suspected, she was there closing her own and about to walk away.

"Kahlan!" I called, making her stop and looking at me with a smile. "Good morning."

"Good morning." She answered.

"Why were you up so early?"

"Oh, huh... just... had to do some stuff..." She bit her lip. "Anyway, you're ready for our English class?"

"Never." I rolled my eyes and she laughed.

The bell rang and the both of us dragged our feet to the classroom, almost literally. We got inside and, for some reason, my eyes landed on the last spot, making my heart jump. Kahlan's place, which was right next to mine, was already taken... by the guy I had seen the previous day. I looked at Kahlan who shrugged.

"I can ask him to-"

"No, it's okay." "She cut. "I don't want you to argue with someone like him over me, over a seat. I can sit in the front Emily." She smiled and sat down on the only available spot beside the one next to him.

I let out a frustration sigh and walked to my usual seat, as far away from him as I possibly could. He probably didn't even remember me, I mean, he probably just messes with every girl he sees, anyway, right?

Wrong.

I felt my chair suddenly being pulled in his direction. The boy held my legs between his, since his body was facing mine. I looked at him in pure shock, which, apparently was extremely amusing to him. He got closer.

"Are you wearing it?" He asked, making me blush immediately. I knew exactly what he was talking about and I just wanted to disappear on that moment. "Got my answer."

"I don't!" I answered, not quite sure why I did it.

"I want every single one of you seated down and quiet as if you didn't even exist, right now!" The small and obnoxious lady that was our teacher said as soon as she stepped inside the classroom. "Oh, right... Mr. Tomlinson... welcome to our class." She said barely looking at him.

The boy let go of my legs and leaned back on the chair which was exactly how someone like him would seat, like someone who simply doesn't care and doesn't have any kind of respect. I dragged my chair back to its place and tried to pay attention to the class.

The rest of the day went by without any sort of incidents, happily for me. When all my classes were finished I went back to our dorm. Kahlan was not there yet since she still had two more classes, showing up a couple of hours later.

"Don't forget about the party tomorrow." Was the first thing she said when she got in.

"But... huh... I need to study." I lied. Honestly, I just really didn't want to be around Caleb and his freak friends even if that was the guy she liked...

"Okay, Emily, you tell me, who does even studies on a Friday night?"

"Maybe someone who wants to graduate in journalism with decent grades. Besides, you know what I feel like about Caleb and his friends, they're..." I shrugged and scrunched my nose, not finishing.

"And you know how I fell about Caleb..." She sheepishly said, sighing. Ugh! "Come on, Em."

"Okay, I'll go..." Come on Emily, think of something. "If my mum lets me." What? "I barely go home to visit her on weekends and I'm going straight home this Friday." Dear God, why am I even such a terrible liar?

"Oh she will."

"And you know that because..."

"Because I talked to her already, so, you know, I'll pick you up tomorrow at 9pm."

I rolled my eyes. I really didn't want to go to that party. I huffed and went to the bathroom so I could take a shower and go to bed.

•••

Hi! So... here it is the first chapter! I hope you enjoyed and if you did it comment, vote and all of that! :D
@niamrauhl

[LAST UPDATE 20/10/2019]

UPDATE 14/04/2018

So, as you all know, I am currently editing this story along with the portuguese version of it. Basically, my English was terrible almost five years ago as you can all see/read and some parts of it are a bit confusing as well, plot wise, so there will be some changes, but nothing that changes the story.

Every single chapter will be marked as I edit it so, if you want, you'll be able to read only those, if not, read the whole story and... yeah... at you own risk and shit haha

Also follow my social media if you want and come and say hi :)
Twitter: heylouist91 + 69ftnialler
Tumblr: ravishingrosy
Instagram: claudiackins