Chapter 28

"Emily." The voice called again when I didn’t turned to face him. "Emily, we have to talk."

"You disappear for a week you don’t say anything to me and now you say you have to talk?" I asked, still facing away from him.

"I-"

"You what, Louis?" I finally looked at him. It seemed like he hadn’t slept for days judging by his dark circles.

"Come with me." He asked and I shook my head.

He thought he could disappear a week and ignore me and then showed up and then everything was fine? No, he had to give me a very good reason for me to have suffered his absence during a week. Yes, because being away from him was painful.

"Why didn’t you answer your phone? Why didn’t you come to school? You disappeared. Nobody knew where you were, neither Liam nor Ash nor Harry and I was worried that something had happened to you!"

"You spoke with Ash?"

"Hm... Yeah, I... I wanted to know where you were, but he told me nothing." I said, referring more to the fact that they haven’t told me a single detail about the past of Louis. "And where were you?"

"I’ve been home all week." He answered.

Why didn’t I think about that?

"Well, if you were at home... why didn’t you answer your phone? You were too busy for me?" I asked, and then it hit me. The idea that he probably didn’t answer the phone and didn’t even wanted to see me because he was with another girl. Someone whom he liked, or maybe just one more girl for fun, which seemed to be more like is thing.

A tear trickled down by my eye. Louis raised his hand to my face to wipe the tears, but before he could so, I shook his arm away, which made ​​him look at me surprised and he lowered his head. This simple gesture of his made ​​me want to hug him and never let him go, but I was not going to do it. I sobbed and Louis sighed and shook his head.

"I've been all week wondering if I should tell you about my past and how would I do that." He said in a low voice and I looked at him wide-eyed.

"What?"

"That's why I didn’t answer my phone or say anything. I wanted to make sure I would do it." He said and I felt bad for thinking the worst.

"S... So?" I asked scared.

"I'll tell you everything. Even if it makes... you stop loving me and never want to see me again."

"Louis-"

"Come with me." He cut me and I gulped.

What did he had to tell me? Was it so bad that, as he said, would make me stop loving him? What would have happened? What did he do?

Louis grabbed my hand like it was the last time he was doing it and took me to his car. I walked in and he did the same, starting the car. The trip to his apartment was weird and too silent, which was worrying me even more. Few minutes later we were already in front of the building where his apartment was.

We left the car and walked up the stairs that led up to his apartment. I never would get used to climb so many stairs. If I came back after today... Be in Louis’ apartment after a week without coming here was weird, even though everything was as I remembered.

Louis took off his coat getting in short sleeve and sat on the couch and I took my coat which was wet, I shook my hair a bit and sat down beside him. When his blue eyes looked at me, I felt chills.

"I'll start at the beginning, when I was still young." He said and I nodded swallowing. Louis cleared his voice before speaking again. "I never knew my father because he left my mother a few days after I was born. When I was younger, I should be about five or six years old, I remember people telling me I was starting to look a lot like my father and, I a way, I was of proud of myself, because back then, I didn’t know what he had actually done."