Chapter 14

I walked into my bedroom and found Kahlan sitting on the bed. Finally! I had missed talking to her and I wanted to know why was she avoiding me or if it was just me. I hoped it was the last option.

"Kahlan, good to see you." I said, throwing me onto the bed like the good old days.

"Yes" She replied cold.

"I haven’t talked in so long." I smiled, but she barely budged.

"Yeah." She answered without even looking at me.

"What’s going on?"

"Nothing." She replied in the same tone.

"No, this is not true! You hardly talk to me and it seems like you’re avoiding me. What’s going on?" I repeated.

She sighed in defeat and sat on her bed facing me. I watched her.

"Caleb think that it was you..." She took a deep breath and I began to fear what was coming. "He thinks you... you know... Kyle."

"He thinks I killed Kyle?" I asked shocked.

He thought that? Why? I...

"What about you?"

"Huh?"

"What do you think?" She kept silent and tears began to fall. "Kahlan..." I said her name down and incredulous.

She said nothing, just simply lowered her head. I couldn’t stand to be in a place where my best friend thought I had killed a person, so I ran away while new tears slid through my face.

I don’t know where I was going, just knew I wanted to get out. I wanted to go home, but I couldn’t, after the discussion with my mother. Discussion caused because of Louis who didn’t at all about me.

Next thing I knew, I was no longer running, I was walking aimlessly. The rain had begun, the water drops mingling with my tears that didn’t stop falling.

I looked around. Where was I? Great! Was lost. Just what I needed.

"You have a thing for the rain, don’t you?" His voice sounded, causing me chills.

I ignored him and started walking trying to figure out where I was and to get far away from him as I could. I heard him sigh and seconds later someone grabbed my arm.

It was him.

"Emily." He called hoarsely and I tried to ignore the butterflies that were in my stomach every time he said my name like that. Why does he make me feel this way?

"What do you want Louis?" I tried to sound cold.

"What’s going on?"

"Oh, nothing Louis, there nothing going on!" I screamed.

"Someone is in a bad mood."

"Maybe it's you who’s in a too good mood." I said, referring to the blonde girl.

"I'm always in a good mood." He teased.

Ouch!

"Oh, that says a lot about you."

"What does that mean?" He asked serious.

"I don’t know, why you don’t ask that girl who you were. Oh no, wait, you were super worried about me!" My voice went up again and I snap his hand that grabbed his arm hard and pulled away from him in large strides.

"Emily. I just was having fun, it means nothing to me, and she was the one that hit on me."

"Of course and you couldn’t keep your hormones to yourself." I said sarcastically.