Chapter 29

I got up from the ground causing Kahlan to jump. It was exactly because of what I did that Louis was afraid to tell me what had happened in his past. He had trusted me and I had judge him and run away. I could see how he was suffering for being reliving everything just so he could tell me… and I ran away.

Was he regretted of what he did to the girl? Was he regretted of having told me? Of having met me? Does he love me like he loved that girl he met? Probably not…

"Emily, what’s up?" Kahlan asked still shocked.

"I have to go back." I muttered.

"Emily, it’s dangerous to go walk on the streets at this hour, is too late. Furthermore, he only makes you suffer from what I've seen, so why are you going back?"

"I don’t... don’t know. And I don’t care if it's late or not. I have to get back." I repeated.

I wore a little warmer coat with a hood and left the dorm. I ran to Louis’ apartment and climbed the stairs running, reaching the 13th floor breathing heavily. I was about to ring the bell when I hear the sound of something breaking that startled me. And again. And again. And again. And again.

Oh my God! What was he doing?

I rang the bell, but he didn’t opened the door, instead, there was another sound of something breaking.

"Louis!" I screamed outside.

The sound stopped immediately as I talked and I heard steps toward the door. Seconds later the door opened up revealing Louis bare-chested. Damn! Did he really needed to be shirtless? I bit my lip as I watched his tattooed torso, but I stopped as soon as my eyes met his, which were surrounded by a shade of red.

"Emily..." He said with a sigh, as if I didn’t believe I was there, which was understandable.

"I shouldn’t have left as I did… I… I…" I sighed in frustration, tears threatening to fall again.

"Emily, you don’t need to apologize."

"Yes, I do." I countered. "When you told me that you ki... what happened, I was confused and I didn’t know what to say." I was talking too fast, but if I spoke slowly I’d probably stop to think of what to say and I wouldn’t say half the things I wanted and thought. "I didn’t realize you were trusting me and that's what should be the most important and I was even more confused when you started talking about the girl that you met because I started thinking if you loved me the same way and I know I shouldn’t be thinking about it but I wa-"

Louis came up to me and hugged me cutting my speech. I hugged him back, feeling his smell which I had missed a lot invading my lungs. He pulled away slightly and his lips met mine. Louis rolled our bodies and started pushing me into the house, while kissing me and closed the door with his foot.

I tried to pull him even closer to me, but I ended up tripping over my own feet and fell, luckily on the couch. Louis still tried to get balance, but failed and ended up falling on top of me. I started laughing and he laughed too, I think had never seen him laughing like that, but he quickly became serious.

"Remember when you asked me if I still liked Sarah and I told you I didn’t for two reasons?" He asked and I nodded. "I didn’t get to tell you the second reason.

"Hm..."

"The second reason... is you." He said with his blue eyes piercing my sould.

Me? What you mean me?

"M-Me?" I asked incredulously.

"Yes." He said and grabbed my waist, turning our bodies, making me stay on top of him. "When Sarah died, a piece of me died with her after all, but when you showed up you gave me the life that I was missing."