Chapter 27

"I... I..." I sighed.

Should I forgive him? He had hurt me for the second time, even though it had been unconsciously. But the fact that he had done it unconsciously only proved me that he was going to hurt me again. Moreover, he almost killed Ash because he annoyed him. Will he do the same to me if I annoy him too?

"I need to know what happened." I finally said and he looked at me as if scared.

Louis, scared?

Wow!

"What was Ash talking about? Why did you get so angry to the point of..." I interrupted myself, when the image of Louis beating Ash appeared in my mind making me shudder.

"He was… talking about things that have happened... in my past." He seemed to choose his words carefully.

"What things?" I asked and he closed his eyes tightly and shook his head down.

So that means he’s not going to tell me anything.

I sighed frustrated and got up from bed to leave, but just then I noticed I was wearing only a t-shirt of him. I widened my eyes and he shrugged. He had me changed clothes! He had seen me only in my underwear. I mean, he had seen me before, but this time had enough time to look closely.

Had he seen the scar?

Oh no!

"I covered my eyes." He said ironic, reading my thoughts.

"I have to go." I muttered and he stood up walking over to me.

"No, please don’t go." He begged and I stepped back causing him to stop.

"Why?"

"Because I know that if you go, you’ll never come back." He took a deep breath, perhaps in an attempt to calm down. "It's what everyone does." He murmured in a lower tone, but I could hear, leaving me puzzled.

Who’s everyone?

"So give me a good reason for me to stay. Tell me what happened." I said, hoping he really did give me a reason, because honestly, I really don’t wanna go.

"I... can’t tell you."

I sighed for the third or fourth time. I took my clothes that were on the edge of the bed and went to the bathroom to get dressed. When I came out and passed by the door of his room, I saw him sitting on the edge of the bed with his face hidden in his hands.

Was he crying?

No, I wasn’t and I couldn’t think about that think about it. He didn’t trust me, so I shouldn’t have to worry about him and couldn’t stay here.

I walked to the exit door and closed the door carefully. Part of me wanted him to come running after me and stop me from leaving, but another part was glad he didn’t do it, because I know that if he did I'd had no problem on coming back, even if he didn’t trust me.

Fortunately, it wasn’t raining and I had decorated the way to university, but nonetheless, it was dark and I was getting scared. I couldn’t wait to have a car, I would get to university in half the time and I didn’t need to worry about whether it was dark or not.

When I walked in the dorm, Kahlan wasn’t there yet. She was probably still having classes, because nobody made ​​her lose her senses and lose almost all of her classes of the day. I threw myself onto the bed and covered my face with a pillow as tears slipped from my eyes.

Knowing that the people we love don’t trust us hurts more than anything else in the world. And I loved Louis. And he didn’t trust me. If he did trust me, he would have told me what happened in his past.