Chapter 16

The alarm on my cell phone rang and I opened my eyes reminding me that I was at home with Louis. I noticed a weight on my waist and heat that warmed all my body. I remembered last night. The nightmare. Louis waking me. Me hugging Louis. Me asking Louis to sleep with me.

Oh my God!

What was I thinking?

Louis shifted slightly and opened his eyes, moving his hand from my waist.

"What time is it?" He asked hoarsely.

"Seven o’clock." I said as I rose from the bed to get dressed.

Louis mumbled something I didn’t understand and got out of bed, walking over to the wardrobe only in his boxers totally distracting me from what I was or was supposed to be doing, but I looked away before he caught me staring at him for the hundredth time.

I grabbed my clothes and went to the bathroom dressing me getting out some time later. Louis was already dressed and was sitting on the couch in the living room, as she stirred in his phone. He got up when I showed up and he went to the door.

"Let’s go?" He asked and I nodded affirmatively.

He closed the door after I left and went straight to the stairs and I smiled because he didn’t try to get me to go with him in an elevator. He said nothing till the garage nor all the way to university and I was sure I was going to have a nervous breakdown if he didn’t say anything.

He parked the car in the parking lot of the university and then I got out followed by him. A little bit ahead I saw Harry entering one of the buildings, he winked and I laughed. Louis looked at me and then at Harry and then back at me.

"So you are friends with... Harry." He said in a tone I didn’t realize what he was feeling.

"Hm... yeah... I guess." I said not having quite sure if Harry and I were friends or if he had just been nice to me that day and didn’t want to talk to me ever again, because, I have to be honest, he and I have nothing in common.

Not even me and Louis.

"Hm... I have to... go to my dorm to get my stuff."

"Okay, see you in English." He said and winked at me.

I shook my head smiling and headed to my dorm. When I got there Kahlan was lying in her bed playing with her phone, she immediately rose from the bed, but I ignored it. While she thought I killed Kyle I would not talk to her. And even if she changed her mind I don’t know.

She was my best friend, she shouldn’t think of things like that of me just because I and Kyle weren’t really friends.

"Emily." She started. "I just wanted to tell you that ... hm... it has been discovered who Kyle’s killer is."

"Oh so I better run away before they come after me." I said sarcastically as I took in my English books.

"Emily, I’m sorry."

"Kahlan. You were my best friend and you thought that I had killed a person." I said and turned to her getting shocked to see her with red eyes and crying.

"I know. I... don’t know what went through my head. When Caleb told me he was sure that it was you, I believed in him because I was in love, but only if I knew... if I knew, I'd never trusted him." She sobbed.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Caleb was the one... that..." She cried and tried to calm herself. "He was the one who killed Kyle."

Oh. My. God.

"What? Why?"

"I don’t know..."