Chapter 2

*edited*

It was almost 8pm when checked my watch. I should probably get ready or Kahlan was going to kill me. I mean, I really don't wanna go to this party, but that doesn't mean I can't look at least decent, besides, it's not like my mum would even let me leave the house if I was not. So I put on a black dress, some black short heels and a bit of eyeliner.

When I was done, I checked myself in the mirror and decided to clean the eyeliner off because I am one of those people whose face will change with just a little of it. I was about to change my dress because I found it too short – I don't want Caleb's friends harassing me because of it – when my mum called me from downstairs, telling me Kahlan had arrived.

Shit!

I let out a sigh and walked slowly downstairs because it had been quite a while since the last time I wore heels. We said goodbye to my mum and left, Kahlan insisting me to drive because she was hoping not to come home later. I rolled my eyes and made a disgusted face at her words.

"Where's the party taking place exactly?" I asked, even though I was secretly hoping for her to not know or something, so we could just go back home.

"There's a club nearby, you probably know it, it's called Blue." She said.

A few minutes later, a neon blue sign called my attention, the word BLUE flashing furiously. That was one of the biggest clubs around. I took a deep breath before getting out of the car, telling myself one more time the reason why I was doing this: Kahlan's possible future relationship... with this guy I loathed... that would hopefully make her happy and that was the only important thing.

As soon as we got inside the club, we were bombarded by some loud music, so loud it was almost like my chest was vibrating. There were colorful lights roaming the walls and the people dancing. The space was just huge and, yet, it was crowded. People would have to bump against each other to get to the bar or to the dance floor, so I was already hating it just five seconds in.

"Do you even know where they are?" I asked, raising my voice a little so she could hear me, but she ignored me as she started to suddenly walk with a bright smile on her lips and, well, she really didn't have to, because that was a clear yes.

When she stopped I finally saw Caleb and another guy whose name Kyle, if I'm not wrong. So was that it? That was the party? Just the two of them?

I noticed Kyle checking me out, making me feel self-conscious.

"Hey... hi... huh... wow you look beautiful! Kyle this Emily. Emily, Kyle." Caleb introduced us, his eyes not leaving Kahlan for one second as he spoke and that was reassuring, because I wasn't really sure if he actually felt something for Kahlan, but it was good to know that, at least, he only had eyes for her that night.

Then, all of a sudden, I couldn't see them anymore, they were probably dancing, somewhere in the middle of that sea of sweaty bodies. I was alone with Kyle then.

"Hey!" Kyle said after a while.

"Hey."

"You don't look like someone who's at a club, having fun." He said, getting dangerously closer to me.

"Yeah, I... I don't really like crowds."

"I know the perfect spot for you then, not very crowded. Come with me." He invited with a fake friendly smile.

"Huh... I think I'm fine he-"

I was cut when he gripped my arm and started dragging me across the dance floor, totally ignoring the people we bumped. I tried to let go of his grip, but he was clearly stronger than I was. We climbed some steps and he then opened a door that led us to the roof and he was right about it not being crowed, because there was no one there!

"Kyle?" He looked at me, dragging further away from the door. "What the hell are we doing here?"

He placed an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. My eyes widened in shock and fear. I tried to let go of him once again, but that only made his grip tighter around me. He then pressed his lips against mine in a savage way as his hands were going up my thighs. I tried to scream but it came out as a squeal since his lips were crashing mine, I tried to hit him, but nothing seemed to work, and it seemed like he was quite enjoying himself. So, I gathered all my strength and stepped on his foot.

"Fuck!" He groaned.

I started running but he, with his ridiculous longer legs, caught me easily, pushing my body harshly against a wall. I screamed for help, but, then again, we were on the roof, who was going to hear me?

Suddenly I heard the sound of something hitting Kyle which made him let go of me and that was my cue to run out of that place, not even caring about what had happened to Kyle.

When I finally found the door, I ran towards it but someone grabbed me by my wrist when I was about to open it. I panicked and started screaming and then a hand covered my mouth and held me in a way I could barely move.

"Hey, relax, it's me." A sort of familiar voice spoke. "Louis."

I stopped for a second to think about it. I didn't know anyone by that name, but that voice wasn't totally strange to me. He took the hand away from my mouth slowly and turned my body to him and that was when I saw who Louis was. The tattooed guy from the mall. Great, so I was saved from a pervert by a pervert. Okay, stop, he saved your life, you should be grateful!

"Thank you." I mumbled.

"Thank me later, let's get out of here before he wakes up." He said dragging me inside the club again.

I couldn't stop thinking about his words. 'Before he wakes up'. What did meant by that? What did he do to him? I was getting scared by the second. I didn't know Louis, I didn't know what kind of person he was. I could only imagine though...

My phone let out a low ding and I took it from my dress' pocket. It was Kahlan telling me that Caleb was taking her home later and asking me how things with Kyle were going. You don't wanna know.

Louis pulled me closer to him when he noticed I was slowing down. As soon as we left the club, I felt the clean air filling my lungs, instead of the hot, smoky one from the inside. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to enjoy it, and that was when I remembered about Louis and I was scared again, maybe not as much as I was from Kyle before, but still.

I opened my eyes and saw him staring at me. I slowly stepped back.

"Thank you." I said one more time.

"No big deal." He shrugged and put his hands inside his jeans' pockets, his knuckles bloody.

"How..." My eyes widened when I took his hand in mine. Maybe he had done it because of me, to protect me from Kyle. "How did you do that?"

"Just... this is nothing." He said, snapping my hand and walking away.

"But... Louis!" I called but he ignored me. "Ugh..." I shook my head. Why was I even worried about him? I shouldn't even be talking to someone like him the first place, my mum would ground me or something if she even dreamt of it.

_________________________________________________________
A/N
So, there's an image of Kyle on the side yay! tell what do you think of him :3
An read, vote and comment because i love when you do that :D

@niamrauhl
 x

[UPDATE 20/10/2019]

I've just realized, now that I'm editing the story and all of that, that Emily is such a prude bitch, OMG how in the world did I even created such a monster? hahahahaah help

Okay, so like, English is not my first language so even though I'm editing this there might still be grammar mistakes and for that I am sorry, feel free to let me know of any *wink wink* I would really appreciate it :D

Also, come talk to me on twitter : heylouist91 or 69ftnialler