Chapter 10

His question caught me by surprise. Did I wanted him to stop? Damn, Louis! Did you really had to make that question? And why was it so hard for me to answer? 

Damn, damn, damn, damn!

Of course I wanted him to stop, I shouldn't be doing... this! Much less with someone like Louis!

Louis stopped kissing my neck and lifted his head, looking at me funny. 

"Stop." Repeated wheezing and pushed him sitting on the couch, but getting up immediately to get away from him. "Hm..." I fixed my hair. "I... I have to go, I have to... to make some last things on the work."

"You want me to go with you?" 

"No!" I shouted, hardly letting him finished talking." I know the way. Hm... Tomorrow I will give you a copy. 

"Don't forget that we have to train the presentation." He stood up and took me to the door. But what presentation? It was a paper work, to deliver, nothing more! "And who knows you have dinner." He said when I passed by him and he winked at me, causing me to fully understand what he meant by "dinner". 

I left his apartment and headed to college in rushed walk, almost running. Ugh! I was alone and it was dark. I should have accepted Louis' company. 

Louis... 

What was happening to me? 

I got to university and went straight to the dorm. Kahlan wasn't there, probably she was still with Caleb. I missed her... But, well, he needed her more than me. I couldn't be selfish. 

I did what was missing in the English paper in a few minutes and went to bed. I was tired and tomorrow would be Kyle's funeral and I had to go. Ugh! I hated funerals. The last that I went was of my dad and it just brought me bad memories... he and Kyle were very similar after all... 

The image of Louis came into my head suddenly and unexpectedly. Damn... he had no right to do that to me, I could accuse him of rape. But... 

I sighed. 

( ... ) 

The closer we got to Kyle's funeral, the more quiet and heavy the environment was becoming. All the university students were in mourning and all dressed in black. 

I went into the bedroom to change clothes and found Kahlan, getting out. 

"How's Caleb?" I asked. 

"Torn. He just can't stop crying." She sighed. "I have to go meet him." She added in a hurried tone. 

"Okay..."

I went into the bedroom and put on a black dress, not too short and wore a coat and some shoes also black. 

Kahlan seemed distant. Maybe it was because of Kyle and Caleb. Hm... I don't know. There was something very strange, as if she didn't want to see me or talk to me, but I couldn't think about that now. 

I had a funeral to go. 

I grabbed my black umbrella and left the dorm going to the place where the funeral would be. His family was there, all of them with the tears in the eyes, including his mother, I think, that kept saying it was all a lie and that he was and had to come back. Caleb was in a corner hugging Kahlan as he cried silently. Kahlan looked at me for a few seconds and then looked back at Caleb. 

There were a few more people, mostly my age or a little older than me, probably friends of the university. 

I opened my umbrella when it started raining. The rain didn't help, it only made the environment stay heavier and more sad and dramatic, even though I enjoyed the rain and the sound it made.