Gloin x Reader: I Will Return #2

Hello, my lovelies! Happy New Year!!! So I was asked to write part 2 for this, and i thought that why not :3 So here we go! Also i'm sorry that i'm publishing this so late after the request.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Person P.O.V.

You were lying on your and Gloin's bed, once again thinking when you would see him again. It had been the longest year and half of your life. Every day you would just hope and dream of the moment you would feel your beloved husband's arms around your body. And still every morning you would be disappointed to find the space next to you empty. 

The day would just go the same as any other. Gimli would have left outside, leaving note to the kitchen table telling you that he was outdoors, playing with his friends. You would just start making dinner for your son and at some point call him inside to eat and get ready for sleep. Then there you would be again. Sitting in living room, thinking that maybe, just maybe you could feel Gloin's arms around your waist next morning. 

This had went on for the past six moths, and you were really starting to think that he wouldn't be coming back. The thought of loosing him had haunted you from the moment he had left the house, but little by little, you were getting numb to the feeling. Starting to think that he might not be coming back.

You were sitting in armchair, reading some novel you had found from the bookshelf. You were pretty deep in the book as you found yourself interrupted by some strange noise that came from outside. It sounded like someone was moving flowerpot around, you got up and went to look out of the window, but saw nothing out there. You shrugged it off and walked back to the book.

After some time of reading you glanced at the clock. "Half past one, huh?" You got up from you chair and walked around the house, putting of all the candles, before heading to your bedroom. You sat down to your bed and looked behind your back, there it was, the empty space, like all the nights before this one. 

You shook your head and blow the fire from the candle that was on your nightstand. "Promise me you'll come home..." You whispered the last thing before drifting off to sleep, not feeling the one tear that rolled down your cheek. 

^^TIME SKIP^^

You woke up to this comforting warmth around you, you smiled and snuggled closer to the source of the warmth, when you felt yourself pressing against another body. At first you froze and your eyes shot open. You were starting to panic slightly and ready to jump out of bed. 

You had gotten a dagger from Gloin, he had been concerned that some creep would try to do something to you.  You had never really thought you would have to use it, so you just had it in your drawer. You were about to jump off when the arms, you didn't notice were around you, tightened. 

"Good morning, beautiful.." You froze again, you knew that gruff voice, you could never forget. Tears flowed to your eyes right away and you turned as fast as you could, only to see that it was him.  He smiled down at you and he also had little tears in the corners of his eyes. You jumped on him and kissed him on the lips. 

He kissed you right back and warped his arms around your waist bringing you closer to him. you tangled your fingers to his hair and kissed him even deeper. You two didn't need words to describe how much you had missed one another.

 As you broke the kiss, you looked deep into his green eyes, for the first time in year and a half, you smiled. You smiled one of the biggest smiles you had ever had. So did he, he looked into your (e/c) orbs, admiring the beauty of those eyes. Ever since he left, he had missed them. 

"Hey, you came back..." You smiled as you looked at his features. "I promised, didn't i?" He kissed you nose and smiled to you. "Yeah, you promised." Then you remembered. "Love, you do know who we need to wake up?" He looked at the door and smiled slightly. "Ay, i know." You two got up from the bed and he took hold of your hand. You walked to the door of your almost seven years old son. 

Gloin opened the door and walked inside. He went next to the bed and put his hand on Gimli's shoulder, shaking it lightly. "Mommy, what is it?" He turned and when he noticed it wasn't you, his eyes widened. "Daddy?" Gloin nodded and Gimli's expression brightened right away. He jumped up from the bed and hugged Gloin. "I missed you so much!" Gloin smiled. "I missed you too, wee lad."

That day was just for the little family you three were. Gloin told you and Gimli about the amazing journey and Gimli told him how he had been protecting his mother and practicing with his own little axe.

At the end of the day, you were sitting in your armchair, looking into the fire that was flaming in your fireplace, when Gloin appeared in front of you and pressed his familiar lips on yours. He lifted you up bridal style, sat down to the chair and sat you to his lap. "I love you, (Y/n)." You closed your eyes and leaned your head to his shoulder. "I love you too."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here you go lovelies! Sorry this one is short but i just couldn't get anything else there anymore. I hope you liked it and as always, i love you all and byee!