19. Mothers, OSLs and Hot girls

Start from the beginning

Her skin wasn't smooth any more and she looked looked skinny. Time wasn't kind on her like it was on Beth.

He almost felt sorry for her as he looked at her.

She opened her mouth, and then closed her eyes with a tired sigh. She looked pathetic. Even though she was wearing designer brands and diamond glittered at her throat, she looked pathetic.

"Yes?" He asked impatiently.

"How are you? How is Eliza and Emma?"

"I don't see how any of it is your business." He said.

"Logan- I-"

"I don't care. I just want to tell you one thing. Don't come anywhere near us. Okay?"

She looked like she was hurt, but he didn't care. "Okay." She mumbled before she walked away, her back bent in defeat.

"Logan... "

"If you are going to tell me that I should not have been that hard on her, don't. I wasn't."

"I am not going to say that. Where are we going now?"

"I have some files in the office to sign and look. We will stop by and grab them okay, and also... I need to introduce you to one pain in the ass."

"Tom." Alex chuckled.

"Yes, he had been whining about how he still hadn't seen you. And it is getting frustrating."

They were silent for the rest of the drive, but he cherished the silence.

"Hello, welcome." Logan had no idea how Tom was already here with a half wilted sunflower in his hand, but he was there, his eyes knowing as he gave the flower to Alex.

"Did you install some tracking software on my phone or something?"

"If I had, would I be a fool to admit to it?" Tom asked before he looked at Alex. "So, you are the mystery woman. Now I know why my boss kept you in hiding." Tom winked.

"Thanks for this." She waved the flower at him before she looked at Logan. "You had never given me flowers." She said with a grin.

"That is my boss. Totally unromantic, but don't worry, I can change him. I will. Come in." Tom said as he opened the building door for her. "We are in the eleventh floor. Boss loves his view." Tom said as he pressed the button in the elevator.

"Tom, take a breath. And hello, to you too."

"Oh, hello, hello. It is not like you are new around here. And I see your boring face almost every day, boss, so..."

"One day or the other, I am going to fire your stupid ass."

"You have been telling me the same for God knows how long."

"You two know each other for a long time, didn't you?"

"A long, long time. We grew up together, you know and he hired me when he started his company and he is still so grateful that I agreed to come working for him, he would be totally lost without me."

His Appointed Wife On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara